Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

last show/movie

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:35 PM
  • 18 Replies

I'm bored, so just for fun: 

What is the last show or movie you watched?  What was the last show/movie your child watched?  To make this more geared to homeschooling - was it educational?!?!  ;)

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I watched full house this morning before work, lol.  My kids...I'm not sure, I think it was possibly Harry Potter.  They haven't watched TV in a couple days, but that's because we are still in ps and spend so much time not home, then they have homework, dinner, and showers, and they would rather spend a little free time playing minecraft than watching TV.

And I don't think we can count Harry Potter or Full House as educational, but I do think they teach something-life lessons and such-lol.

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:43 PM

The last movie hubby and I saw was Contagion - HBO was free for a few days from our satalite provider.  I recorded it, but when we went to watch it the movie cut off half way through!!!! AHHHHH! 

The last show I watched - MasterChef

The kids watched Finding Nemo earlier today.  Right now they are watching Wild Kratts while I put off making dinner.  and YES it's educational!  :)  They mentioned a Basilisk lizard that can run on top of the water - I've never heard of it.  So of course we turned to YouTube and my kids are stuck on this video now:  Basilisk lizard

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE Full House!!!  I used to watch that growing up.  I haven't introduced the kids to that show yet because I never see it on, but they did watch The Brady Bunch for the first time the other day and they were hooked.  I used to watch Lassie when I was younger too - my favorite! 

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I watched full house this morning before work, lol.  My kids...I'm not sure, I think it was possibly Harry Potter.  They haven't watched TV in a couple days, but that's because we are still in ps and spend so much time not home, then they have homework, dinner, and showers, and they would rather spend a little free time playing minecraft than watching TV.

And I don't think we can count Harry Potter or Full House as educational, but I do think they teach something-life lessons and such-lol.

AJ-47
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:50 PM
We're watching Jurassic Park 2 right now. My Son loves dinosaurs.
Joann.HS
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:58 PM
The Croods 3-D

soy_latte
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM

I woke up on the couch this morning to Dog the Bounty Hunter. On accident, though.

The last show my kids watched was Martha Speaks, yesterday. They have been playing playstation this morning.

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Meet the Robertson's was the last movie that my little kids & I watched. If I had to I could have totally made it an educational experience but I didn't.

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:16 PM

The last movie my oldest watched was Flipped & it did become some what educational as we talked about how peoples perception of each other & feelings change as we grow & mature.

Precious333
by Julia on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Last movie was iron man 2, last show was arrested development. Last movie the kids watched was despicable me i believe.
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:33 PM

My kids are grown now. We all went to see This Is The End. Not educational.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN