Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

The Truth About Homeschooling in America

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:54 PM
BJ
  • 15 Replies
5 moms liked this

I thought some of you might like to read about how we are being talked about in this article.

CLICK FOR ARTICLE

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Good article, just didn't like the comment about homeschooling having developed a bad rap. We didn't give ourselves that buddy.
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:02 PM
2 moms liked this
I wonder when our government is going to realize how much better homeschooling can be.
TheMommysLife
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Really great article, thank you for sharing!

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Quoting Dawn07:

Good article, just didn't like the comment about homeschooling having developed a bad rap. We didn't give ourselves that buddy.

I didn't like that part either!

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Quoting somuchlove4U:

I wonder when our government is going to realize how much better homeschooling can be.

I just worry that when they do figure it out they will want to take control of it too!

bmw29
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Bump for when I'm not mobile.
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. I love that homeschooling is growing, but its like shh don't let the government find out either.

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting somuchlove4U:

I just worry that when they do figure it out they will want to take control of it too!

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Very true. Didn't think about that part.

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting somuchlove4U:

MacMamaof5
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:33 AM

Obama has been trying to get his foot in that too.  Heard it in one of his speeches after getting elected.   

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:40 AM
3 moms liked this

I think it was a great article. But I hate when there is a division in Conservative/Liberal. I believe, when it comes to being parents, we want our kids to be a success. So liber al/conservative shouldn't really be a factor. I live in a blue state, I'm a flaming democrat, and I know many, many democratic homeschoolers. I hate how we get a bad rep. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)