Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Truth About Homeschooling in America

Posted by   + Show Post

I thought some of you might like to read about how we are being talked about in this article.

CLICK FOR ARTICLE

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Replies (11-15):
hwblyf
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Quoting Dawn07:

Good article, just didn't like the comment about homeschooling having developed a bad rap. We didn't give ourselves that buddy.

She didn't say that, she said it was due to misinformation and miscommunication.

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL,  I remember thinking the same thing 20 yrs ago Dawn. I was afraid if we grew too fast they would try and stop us. Well it is too late. We have grown so much in the past 20 yrs!!  So now we must get our strength in numbers.  I have learned that home educators are like bull dogs when it comes to their rights and fighting for them!  :-)

Quoting Dawn07:

I agree. I love that homeschooling is growing, but its like shh don't let the government find out either.

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting somuchlove4U:

I wonder when our government is going to realize how much better homeschooling can be.

I just worry that when they do figure it out they will want to take control of it too!

I am a stay at home,  home educating, non-vaxingmother to many children :)  And a very happy wife to a wonderful man!!!

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I understand it was due to misinformation and miscommunication, but on whose part. Homeschoolers have been trying to explain and set the record straight for the past 20 years or more, but no one wanted to listen. So, again, we didn't give it to ourselves.

Quoting hwblyf:

Quoting Dawn07:

Good article, just didn't like the comment about homeschooling having developed a bad rap. We didn't give ourselves that buddy.

She didn't say that, she said it was due to misinformation and miscommunication.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Quoting KickButtMama:

I think it was a great article. But I hate when there is a division in Conservative/Liberal. I believe, when it comes to being parents, we want our kids to be a success. So liber al/conservative shouldn't really be a factor. I live in a blue state, I'm a flaming democrat, and I know many, many democratic homeschoolers. I hate how we get a bad rep. 

I dislike that too!

We are all bound together by our concern for our kids nd not by our poliical views on governmental politics
And I am very conservative. lol
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Great post!! As long as the main focus was a a positive one and that stayed on topic, I think homschooler sare gaining ground.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)