Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I'm already Missing School!

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:25 AM
  • 11 Replies
It has only been abouT three weeks since we started our Summer break. It has been fun. Really it has. I'm enjoying the down time and the ability to get more projects done..However...I miss school already!
I think it is the structure that it adds to our days. Sure we have structure, chores, reading time etc. I'm also missing the one on one learning time with each of the kids.
Don't get me wrong..I'm enjoying SUmmer, and we still have a lot of fun stuff planned. But, I will be more than happy to start back when it is time. :)

*Please over look my mistakes, I am mobile and my phone hates typing on CM. :(*
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Lol, we school pretty much year round. We just relax it a bit in the summer.

swim-mom72
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:18 AM

We just finished up last week. So I am not quite ready to jump back in just yet : )

But I know what you mean. I will feel the same way in another week or 2.

We are also year 'round schoolers, but we do take one whole month off in the summer. Usually, our off month is June, but since we finished later than I had anticipated our off month will be July.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM
I'm right there with you. We are starting back in July so I'm trying to make myself enjoy the freedom.
Knightquester
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM

We're schooling a little this summer, just not very structured or hardcore.  The children are having fun building their 1700's lapbook, and I toss them math pages from time to time.  We still read every day when we have our down time in the evenings, and so schooling has become more of an enjoyable thing we add into our summer days when we can.

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:27 PM
We're schooling year around, we're just doing light school during the summer. We took 2 weeks off for a life event that happened. The kids missed school and so did I.
CatFishMom
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM

So pick it back up. :-) I was going to school year round but Im due in five weeks with our third child, so Im tired and told my husband Im taking a break this summer, at least until after she gets here. If I feel like doing a few lessons, we will, but if not Im not going to agonize over it.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:56 AM

We are still in ps...this will be our last week coming up, we have never gone to school this late!  Then we are deschooling for July and August, and starting hs in September, at least that's the plan.  I'm waiting for my mil to tell us we 'can't' hs, we live with her so I end up giving her more headspace than she deserves and I will stress a lot if she is against this.  Not that it will completely stop us, but it may make things really hard on us if she says we have to move out (that would be pretty drastic, but you never know! lol)

If you're missing it though, you could do a little school.  I brought home caterpillars from school (we just got them on Friday and it's too late to do them with our class, so the teacher let me take 4 home) so my kids are doing butterfly journals, on top of their last week of school ;) but it will be simple, but it's their first homeschool kind of project!

mom2Bellarose
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I miss it also. I just really enjoy teaching and watching my girls learn. After about two weeks of being out for summer I started working in a little bit of work each day. It sounds cruel but my 7 year old was excited and it's all fun online learning games or books. I can't wait for August!

lucsch
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Oh, I was like that last year. This year, I'm not. Why? I have plenty of preparation to do for next year, and believe me, I'm already working on it! I love all this stuff. Yeah, well, when I was a kid, I'd head for the school supply aisle, while other kids would go to the toy section of a store. LOL Fun, fun!

I've already printed out most of her notebooking pages for the whole year for our boxed curriculum plans, her spelling and vocabulary pages. Since I'm putting together my own supplemental writing plan and science, I have some major planning to do, still.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:34 AM
I am excited to start back as well because our routine is much better, but I have a lot of planning to complete first!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN