Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Has anyone used Time4Learning?

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 15 Replies

I am thinking of getting it as a supplement to the lessons I'm planning. Any thoughts on it?

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
swim-mom72
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:08 AM

We have used it and liked it a lot as a supplement. I cannot say that my son learned a lot of new info from it, but it was a good time filler and provided a good way to brush up on his skills.

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:00 PM
That's what I want it for. I like how you can go up and down a grade.

Quoting swim-mom72:

We have used it and liked it a lot as a supplement. I cannot say that my son learned a lot of new info from it, but it was a good time filler and provided a good way to brush up on his skills.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy4lyf
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I did but my son doesn't like it. Two days ago I started him on www.ixl.com for math only and he's hooked. He already spent 4 hours in two days. 

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM

It's a fine supplementary for the younger kids.  I don't know how helpful it would be for older kids.

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Quoting mommy4lyf:

I did but my son doesn't like it. Two days ago I started him on www.ixl.com for math only and he's hooked. He already spent 4 hours in two days. 

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Quoting mommy4lyf:

I've seen this site before. Can you move between grade levels?
QueenCreole313
by Julia on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:52 PM
You can either decrease one grade level up or down in any subject. I liked it.

Quoting Bluecalm:

Quoting mommy4lyf:

mommy4lyf
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Yes. That''s what I like about this. 

Quoting Bluecalm:

Quoting mommy4lyf:

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

mommy4lyf
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:01 PM

You are right. You can just practice on specific subject. My son knows the basic but I still started him from Pre-K to give him solid foundation. 1.5 hrs for Pre-K. Kindergarten is almost 5 hours. This is our second day. He loves it!

Quoting QueenCreole313:

You can either decrease one grade level up or down in any subject. I liked it.

Quoting Bluecalm:

Quoting mommy4lyf:

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:19 AM
We haven't used it in years but I liked it when we did use it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)