Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reading During the Summer

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM
  • 5 Replies
2 moms liked this

Today will be the start of our Summer Reading, Woo Hoo! I'm excited! The kids are slightly less excited (some more than others, cough, Isaiah, cough), but I think it will be a success! Today we (yes, me too) will each pick a book to start with. Everyday we are going to have a mandatory 30 minutes of reading (hoping the two older girls will do an hour) and we will be keeping track of the books read on our white board. I'm going to make it interesting by offering little incentives for each book finished plus we will be doing the Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/summer-reading/379003570/), after reading any 8 books, they earn a free book! can you tell I'm excited?

Our Summer Reading Chart. For every book they finish they get a small prize like a dum dum lollipop or cute eraser. Once they reach their goals then they receive a bigger prize.

Our Summer Reading Chart. For every book they finish they get a small prize like a dum dum lollipop or cute eraser. Once they reach their goals then they receive a bigger prize.

They also made a bookmark that I laminated!

They also, each made a bookmark that I laminated!

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids love when I make them their own personalized bookmarks. When I do this, I end up doing 4 or 5 for each kid because they read that many books just so they can use the bookmarks. lol
TheMommysLife
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Thats awesome! I have two that love to read and two that I'm trying to find a way to make them love reading.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM

DS is also doing the Barnes & Noble challange.  He already has 6 read.  He is doing much better with reading than I expected this summer.  Those are cute bookmarks!

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Cute idea!  :)

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Happy reading to you all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)