Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Which subjects do you cover each day?

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm just trying to plan how it all kind of fits together. The only thing we have really set in stone is a co op class on every other Wednesday from 1:30-2:30, which means we will be gone from 1-3ish, and on the opposite Wednesday sometimes a field trip with the co op.

So what do you do? Math and spelling every day? History T and Th?
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
AJ-47
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Math, reading, language arts, history, geography, P.E., and writing every day. Science/science experiments and crafts two times a week.
NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM

We do math every day

literature 4 days/week

science twice a week

spelling, vocabulary, history, & geography:  once a week

swim-mom72
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:55 PM

All core subjects(math, language, reading, history, Bible, and science) and P.E., are done every day. We school year 'round, four days a week. Co-op classes are every Friday for 10 weeks in the fall and 10 weeks in the spring. The only subjects that are not every day is foreign language (2 days a week), logic (2 days a week) and art (1 day a week).

TheMommysLife
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:37 PM

We do math and language arts everyday and then do science and music on Tuesday and Thursday, history and art on Monday and Wednesday. But when the kids start getting bored with our schedule, I'll let them pick and choose lessons.

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

All of them, but not in the conventional way!

Jody59
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 5:21 PM

We really focused on Daily: math, writing, reading. In high school added a few college prep things such as second language .

CHECK OUT THE WRITING COURSE

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Most of the time we do all of the subjects but there are some days we don't.
lucsch
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

For the most part, we will be doing something for each subject daily, though the type of coverage varies from day to day.

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:18 PM

For my high school boys we do Math, Science, History, and Grammar daily M-TH.  We use Fridays as test days, make up days, and catch up days.  They will do Typing 3 days per week and art and music once per week.  P.E will be 3 times per week.

My daughter will be in 1st grade and we will do phonics, reading, spelling, and Arithmetic M-TH.  We will do History and Science at least 3 days per week, but sometimes more.  We will do art, music, and health at least one day per week and Typing at least 3 days per week.  P.E will be 3 times per week.

Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:22 AM
I'm starting something new next week. We'll do reading lessons/phonics, handwriting, math, and sonlight reading every day, 4 days a week. Then science, geography, critical thinking, and languages will each get a bigger block once a week. Come fall, history will take one of those days and critical thinking will be a daily or nearly daily. Or maybe share a day with geography. We'll see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)