Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Phys. Ed or otherwise called Gym.... Do you or Don't you ??

Posted by   + Show Post
As we are always talking about academic education, I am wondering if any of us consider the physical side of education, as an important part to our children's education like the academics are?

Why do you think-feel this way??

undefined

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Replies (41-50):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Quoting Boobah:

We do two 8 week (i think?) sessions of homeschool gym and swim at the YMCA. Then just lots of play!

Awesome. What do you do for fun an play? If I may pry? :)
mrs.hartman12
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Sure why not? Although this Mom would have a heart attack. 

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

Phys ed= playing outside, going to the park, and any dance or sport they want to do. 

Even running up and down the stairs should qualify as phys. ed. wouldn't you think? :)

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I think it is very important to be active for everyone. I don't have to push it on them though they are active all on their own with out prompting.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Quoting usmom3:

I think it is very important to be active for everyone. I don't have to push it on them though they are active all on their own with out prompting.

I don't have to prompt my kids much either. They would never stop if they had their choice. :)
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Quoting mrs.hartman12:

hahahaha - You should hear me. My name should be weezy instead. LOL :)
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:57 AM
I want then to be activity as well as mental educational. We have brought bikes, Wii dancing, we walk and for the younger two the watch wild krat a TV show(science) show about animals. so when o walk we talked about the Animals and their lives
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

We do swim in the summer. This year I'm thinking about doing the homeschool gymnastics that our rec center provides a few times, and possibly getting a gym membership at the nearby college so we can access the pool to keep my two in shape for swim season (every summer it's like they have to relearn all their strokes again...) Last year, we did a half hour of Wii fit every other day, and if it was nice, went on long bike rides.

bether89
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:07 PM
2 moms liked this

We don't have a formal P.E. class, but the boys jump on trampoline, ride bikes, walk, swim, and ride scooters.  Health is done as part of our science.

swim-mom72
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

my guys are so active I find myself on the opposite end of the scenario! I wish there was LESS physical activity arounf here and more down time with all of us togther! lol

My oldest swims year 'round. Right now, his summer practice schedule is 6 days a week. All of those days, except Wed. and Sat., he has 2-a-days.

My youngest was doing jui-jitsu 3-4 days a week, but he asked to try something else in the fall. So, right now he is using our home gym 4 days a week, swimming with friends 2 or 3 times a week and helping around the house.

I have taught them both health and we all try and be pretty aware of keeping up with a good diet.

mommaTLC186
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I have three boys that don't know how to sit still LOL its always p.e. Time .... My seven year old loves doing "spelling bees" on the trampoline:) I myself hate sitting still so we are always walking, jumping, climbing, moving :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)