Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Ladies I need some advice on getting my son to sleep!! He is 10 months old. I dont usually like asking for advice in this area cause I'm not a cry it out parent and I'm not going to leave him in his crib to cry for hours until he starts falling asleep on his own. THough I have put him in his crib in moments of stress where I've felt overwhelmed and he has cried up to 20 minutes. But seriously! His average naps are 20 minutes long. NEVER longer than an hour. And at bedtime I have to get him back to sleep 4 or 5 times before he finally stays asleep for any significant period of time. I'm exhausted and annoyed! Tonight it took me over half an hour of getting him to sleep and here he is crawling at my feet and whining at me. (Hubby took him out of his room, the #1 thing I've told him NOT to do when he wakes up, he brought him out where DH was watching tv and gave him an apple. REALLY!?) Ok so any advice is welcome aside from crying it out. Please help

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Replies (11-12):
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:49 PM

The only thing that worked with my oldest was CIO. By the time we tried I was nearly dead from lack of sleep and she was suffering too.

We went in at 5 minutes the first time, then 10 and so on. She slept through the night the first night. It was great.

My youngest would ONLY sleep while touching me or his Dad. For the first two years he would only sleep that way. LOL CIO didn't work.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Have you tried putting on some soft background music when you put him down to sleep? I had to try this with a few of mine. It worked most of the time. Hugs to you. I know how frustrating these times can be. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN