Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I'm losing my mind!

Posted by   + Show Post
4 kids under 8, homeschooling, working part time and........baby fever?!?!???? Ugh. I wonder if I'd be able to handle it all. I've heard many people with infants find it difficult, I can't give up work, and wouldn't even think about giving up homeschooling. Hmmmmm.....

Anyone else have baby fever, lots of kids (and work), or plan on having more kids in the future?
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Replies (11-14):
lucsch
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:32 PM

You know when you are really done having kids--you feel it.

Busy, busy!  I remember that merry-go-round. When we had our fourth, something had to go. So, I quit my job. That was the best decision I ever made! We live a very laid-back lifestyle now. It is so different from before.  Everything is a trade-off, but I feel comfortable about it, even if we are driving 13yo cars.

Mommynay2
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Hi what animals do you have? I have 3 cats and it can be a struggle. I posted a list for my kids' chores and the day to do them, it worked out so so. I got some resistance from my son, he's 11 and has Bipolar disorder, but after I promised to take him and his sister out to play, it changed his tone. He did his bedroom, laundry, the trash, dusted and wiped the bathroom sink. One thing you should do is look up age appeopriate chores, post the list, if possible let them have some input on it, and work with them on it. The more you do it with them soon they will be independent so you won't go crazy.

Quoting debramommyof4:

I have 4 under 8 and my niece who is almost always with us is in that age group.  The youngest of all 5 is 3 and I do not want any more.  I homeschool and stay home and am going crazy.  I could not add more to this mess. 

I am trying to see if we can lighten my crazyness with the kids helping out more.  They have so many animals so we need to work on a good schedule and good chore lists.  We are going to have to go back to lists of what they are suppose to do in the morning and before bed on their doors again.

Maybe if I ever got the kids to help out I would want more, but for now I am good.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:52 PM
We have a bearded dragon, 2 cats, a dog, a guinea pig and 2 fish tanks.

I will look it up and see if those lists help

Quoting Mommynay2:

Hi what animals do you have? I have 3 cats and it can be a struggle. I posted a list for my kids' chores and the day to do them, it worked out so so. I got some resistance from my son, he's 11 and has Bipolar disorder, but after I promised to take him and his sister out to play, it changed his tone. He did his bedroom, laundry, the trash, dusted and wiped the bathroom sink. One thing you should do is look up age appeopriate chores, post the list, if possible let them have some input on it, and work with them on it. The more you do it with them soon they will be independent so you won't go crazy.

Quoting debramommyof4:

I have 4 under 8 and my niece who is almost always with us is in that age group.  The youngest of all 5 is 3 and I do not want any more.  I homeschool and stay home and am going crazy.  I could not add more to this mess. 

I am trying to see if we can lighten my crazyness with the kids helping out more.  They have so many animals so we need to work on a good schedule and good chore lists.  We are going to have to go back to lists of what they are suppose to do in the morning and before bed on their doors again.

Maybe if I ever got the kids to help out I would want more, but for now I am good.

Mommynay2
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:46 PM
It must be a lot of work with the animals. I love my kids but with my cats it would be more work asking my kids to do the kitty litter. I asked my son to scoop the poop out of the litterboxes the excess litter was all on the rug then I had to clean it up, and he didn't even do them thoroughly. What does your bearded dragon eat crickets or vegetables? I used to have an iguana. I also had a hamster about 20 years ago, lol now I feel old.

Quoting debramommyof4:

We have a bearded dragon, 2 cats, a dog, a guinea pig and 2 fish tanks.

I will look it up and see if those lists help

Quoting Mommynay2:

Quoting debramommyof4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)