Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I think I'm losing my mind!

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
4 kids under 8, homeschooling, working part time and........baby fever?!?!???? Ugh. I wonder if I'd be able to handle it all. I've heard many people with infants find it difficult, I can't give up work, and wouldn't even think about giving up homeschooling. Hmmmmm.....

Anyone else have baby fever, lots of kids (and work), or plan on having more kids in the future?
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Have the kids help out. Particularly have the older kids help out with the younger kids.Even younger kids can play "clean up".

Try more relaxed homeschooling.

Get curriculum that works for multiple grades and find things they can do online or by themselves.

Structure everything to your ability, schedule and convenience.

I've never had lots of kids. I will say working with kids helped me stop wanting more and start appreciating mine more.

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

"...to stop wanting more and start appreciating mine more."  I LOVE that.  and thank you for the ideas!  We pretty much do all that except the structured part.  Bedtimes and meal times are structured for the most part - everything in between is go with the flow. 

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Have the kids help out. Particularly have the older kids help out with the younger kids.Even younger kids can play "clean up".

Try more relaxed homeschooling.

Get curriculum that works for multiple grades and find things they can do online or by themselves.

Structure everything to your ability, schedule and convenience.

I've never had lots of kids. I will say working with kids helped me stop wanting more and start appreciating mine more.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 4 under 8 and my niece who is almost always with us is in that age group.  The youngest of all 5 is 3 and I do not want any more.  I homeschool and stay home and am going crazy.  I could not add more to this mess. 

I am trying to see if we can lighten my crazyness with the kids helping out more.  They have so many animals so we need to work on a good schedule and good chore lists.  We are going to have to go back to lists of what they are suppose to do in the morning and before bed on their doors again.

Maybe if I ever got the kids to help out I would want more, but for now I am good.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Homeschooling while pregnant was even harder than with a newborn, but newborn was difficult for me as well. I'm hoping this year will be easier. Just in time for the middle to turn 5 next year and have to start kinder. Ugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Also, I have never in my life had baby fever. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM
LOL -- I have been there ! I am 43 and have to remind myself of how it feels to go through a pregnancy at my age and specifically remember the last time I was pregnant or I would still be having baby fever. After having had all of my kids(7), I realized that it isn't about am I or can I..handle more. It's about doing it. Not worrying myself about whether I can handle doing it. You just do it.
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I have baby fever.  But I just have my two, they are both 10 right now, my son will be 11 next month.  But I only gave birth to my oldest, my younger one is actually my husbands daughter, but I do all the mommy-ing to her.  I have always wanted a baby with my hubby, and it is just never the right time.  We live with his mom and she is pretty against it, but I don't see our home situation changing anytime soon since I am going to be working less rather than more and starting to homeschool this fall.  I imagine it's not the easiest thing to hs while pregnant or while an infant, but you do what you have to do. 

I think if you're in a situation where you can have a baby comfortably and want a baby, then why not have one? 

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I only have two boys and I am absolutely not having any more. LOL   No baby fever here.  I have plenty of other things to keep me busy though.  I am currently working on my black belt and run my own co-op.  I am also starting a new US history club this year.  Believe me there are times when I feel overwhelmed.  Every Tuesday when I go to my sparring class all the stress disappears.  I am focused on one thing.  It really helps to clear my mind.  Stay strong and remember take time for yourself whenever you can.    I remember as a mom so many times when I thought I was losing my mind.  Every time it was a false alarm.  

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Theres a part of me that would love to have more but than I realize how easy it is now and I'm not sure I would want to change that.  My kids can help with chores and do light cooking.  They're becoming rather independent

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:31 PM
We are hoping to have a fifth, eventually. I'm 30 so there isn't a huge rush, but the clock is ticking. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN