Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Classical Historian

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 9 Replies

Anyone use this? 

http://www.classicalhistorian.com/

I am seriously considering this. 

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... Emerson *FIRE DRILL*

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
oredeb
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:45 AM

looks interesting!

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I like the look of it too. If you get it let us know how you liked or didn't like it please?

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Nope but here is a bump for you!

kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:33 PM

No, but it is a thought for when he gets older.  If you do use it, please let us know what you think.  :)

celticdragon77
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM

It looks like they do have history for younger kids. However, I think it was only games.

Quoting kmath:

No, but it is a thought for when he gets older.  If you do use it, please let us know what you think.  :)

kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I will have to look at little more closely then.  I just looked at the books for older kids.  Even if it is only games, they would probably be a good supplement.

Quoting celticdragon77:

It looks like they do have history for younger kids. However, I think it was only games.

Quoting kmath:

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:08 PM
No, but thanks for sharing. We use SOTW for mine now because they are younger, but I love the format of covering ancients, modern, etc yearly and repeat. I was wondering if something like that existed for older kids that we could use after 5th grade, and this looks great since it follows that same format! I'm going to save this to use in a few years!
celticdragon77
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Pandia Press has it as well. http://www.pandiapress.com/?page_id=64

Quoting rsrangel:

No, but thanks for sharing. We use SOTW for mine now because they are younger, but I love the format of covering ancients, modern, etc yearly and repeat. I was wondering if something like that existed for older kids that we could use after 5th grade, and this looks great since it follows that same format! I'm going to save this to use in a few years!

kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Ok, the memory game and the go fish game look great!  I might have to get them to supplement SOTW.  Thanks!

Quoting celticdragon77:

Quoting kmath:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN