Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

help!!! i need help organizing this space ideas please for homeschool desk

Posted by   + Show Post

ol

sorry its on this side.. i plan on getting a white self thing from walmarts that has drawes in it.. to get that tot out of there that has all my pc stuff in it.. i made pencil holders out of veg cans..

this is another shot im going to put another white self here and the printers will put on them..

hes got half my tack board .. yes i do make earrings..

another wall any ideas would be good..

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Replies (21-25):
lucsch
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I agree with clearing out the room and rethinking it.

Here is how ours is organized....

We used to school in the family room, so I had plastic crates for books and a student desk to pull up to the couch.

Now, we have taken over the dining room. I have a hutch in there with glass doors on the top (I still have rarely used dishes in there) and wooden doors hiding 3 shelves in the bottom. That's where our school books are. I just had my dh and dad put a whiteboard on the wall (cheap wallboard), and I use a basket with plastic cups in it for markers, pens, and pencils. I have a small stereo system for music, teaching CDs, and a globe on the window casing (we have boxed out windows, so it is wide, though not quite a window seat).

Reference books rarely used, the computer, and books for other years of schooling are stored in the basement. There is no use to clutter up the room with stuff we don't currently use. Oh, and we are starting to use a kindle more for books, and that helps with cutting clutter. I would like to get a school-specific video-capable tablet for school, too. My little netbook doesn't have enough memory and it isn't loud enough.

shyanntech
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:14 PM

we are doing k12 though the pc.. i do not have a basement that i could put stuff in.. its like a hole dug out of the ground and steps put in and a litltle semnet put down there to put the water heater and heater down and thats its.. tou can still see durt down there comeing in from the outside.. (rentel life) i dont even use the basement as a storge for my tots because of the smell down there. i use the spare bedroom to put all the over flow stuff in.. which is full since i cant use the shop for storage because DH and FIL took that over for a shop.. to work on cars and trucks.. anyway that place lecks water to.. not good. that is why i got a big bench in my house for my work for all my crafting stuff.. i would like to work on... thank you for the ideas... 

Quoting lucsch:

We used to school in the family room, so I had plastic crates for books and a student desk to pull up to the couch.

Now, we have taken over the dining room. I have a hutch in there with glass doors on the top (I still have rarely used dishes in there) and wooden doors hiding 3 shelves in the bottom. That's where our school books are. I just had my dh and dad put a whiteboard on the wall (cheap wallboard), and I use a basket with plastic cups in it for markers, pens, and pencils. I have a small stereo system for music, teaching CDs, and a globe on the window casing (we have boxed out windows, so it is wide, though not quite a window seat).

Reference books rarely used, the computer, and books for other years of schooling are stored in the basement. There is no use to clutter up the room with stuff we don't currently use. Oh, and we are starting to use a kindle more for books, and that helps with cutting clutter. I would like to get a school-specific video-capable tablet for school, too. My little netbook doesn't have enough memory and it isn't loud enough.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Do you have a magnetic dry erase board and markers? I LOVE mine! I love my cork board though I don't currently have wall space for it. I use pencil boxes for my markers, crayons, pencils, colored pencils, glue, manipulatives, etc. do you have a file box/cabinet to keep records in? A place to organize all the construction paper, printer paper, drawing paper, art paper? I use a 12x12 paper box. It has 3 drawers that are all 12x12 and about 2" deep. (Because the regular size drawers won't fit construction paper.
I also love my laminator, but I got mine cheap on amazon, and the laminating sheets cheap on eBay or amazon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shyanntech
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:17 PM

i like the idea of the laminator.. but question to you have to by the sheets just for that laminator or can you by any type of sheets as long as they are the same size??

Quoting Boobah:

Do you have a magnetic dry erase board and markers? I LOVE mine! I love my cork board though I don't currently have wall space for it. I use pencil boxes for my markers, crayons, pencils, colored pencils, glue, manipulatives, etc. do you have a file box/cabinet to keep records in? A place to organize all the construction paper, printer paper, drawing paper, art paper? I use a 12x12 paper box. It has 3 drawers that are all 12x12 and about 2" deep. (Because the regular size drawers won't fit construction paper.
I also love my laminator, but I got mine cheap on amazon, and the laminating sheets cheap on eBay or amazon.

lucsch
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM

In your case, then, I'd minimize as much as possible--use the PC as much as you can, use library books instead of buying them, etc. You don't have a lot of storage space. Clutter is distracting. A student needs a nice, comfortable and neat space to learn IMO.

Quoting shyanntech:

we are doing k12 though the pc.. i do not have a basement that i could put stuff in.. its like a hole dug out of the ground and steps put in and a litltle semnet put down there to put the water heater and heater down and thats its.. tou can still see durt down there comeing in from the outside.. (rentel life) i dont even use the basement as a storge for my tots because of the smell down there. i use the spare bedroom to put all the over flow stuff in.. which is full since i cant use the shop for storage because DH and FIL took that over for a shop.. to work on cars and trucks.. anyway that place lecks water to.. not good. that is why i got a big bench in my house for my work for all my crafting stuff.. i would like to work on... thank you for the ideas... 

Quoting lucsch:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN