Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Would you homeschool your children(child) no matter what you had to do?

Posted by   + Show Post

would you hs your child(children) no matter what you had to do?

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
acrogodess
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:21 PM

At this point in time, yes. I would homeschool no matter what.

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting bmw29:

I would do everything within reason to keep him home. I see what PS is doing to my niece's and nephews and I don't want that.

This. I'd do everything within reason to keep homeschooling, but would not do it "no matter what." 

I mean - if my husband gave me an ultimatum (which he never would, but hypothetically), "Put the kids into school or we're divorcing." My marriage comes first, my children second, so I would.

If it were illegal to homeschool and I were threatened with losing my children, I'd put them in school. 

I think some homeschoolers have this idea that school is pure, concentrated evil doled out onto our children incrementally. I disagree (barring a few very specific examples of truly horrid schools). Parents can have a lot of influence on what goes on in a PS - volunteer in the classroom, communicate with the teacher. It's not this total disconnection from their lives.

But I'd do other things - I'd jump through hoops if I had to (thankfully, I don't) re: state requirements, I'd give up comforts to afford to continue it, that sort of thing. But no, not "no matter what."

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Yes,  there was never a chance at all of ever putting them in a school. It was/is our conviction to keep our children at home.  We would run and hide if need be. 

Rust.n.Gears
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:37 PM
absolutely !
LilrockerMama
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Yes. My children will not attend any public school ever again.
almondpigeon
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:46 PM

i would like to say yes, but i honestly don't know.  if anything happened & my situation changed and i had to go to work full time, i don't know if i would continue to hs or not. 

as far as the state changing guidelines & making things more difficult....yes, i would just through those hoops as i needed to.

CatFishMom
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Yes.

Mommyfish831
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I would do my best to keep homeschooling my kids through any major life changes. 

livanded
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM
I would do whatever possible to keep my kids at home with me. I am very lucky to have a very close and supportive family so even if I have to work I think we could work it out so my kids have someone to help out.
sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep.... Even if we had to go "under ground" with our homeschooling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN