Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever get burned out?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:39 PM
  • 15 Replies

Not just on homeschooling, but life in general?  

How do you deal with burn out??

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:42 PM
4 moms liked this

YES!!  LOL  Summer burn-out is easier to deal with than winter burn out.  In summer, I hit the garden or go for a hike.  In the winter, I drink a lot of calming teas and take a day off of everything.  We just veg out and watch videos, read books, play board games.  Shut off the phone and really not let any outside drama in!

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I take breaks when I can and try to be extra kind and caring to myself.
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM
For life in general, I usually ask Dh to take me away. We'll either go somewhere for the weekend or go camping for the weekend just the two of us. It gives my mind enough of a break that I'm ready to face it again. I have to admit though that since Dh has taken on the finances, I've had less burn outs.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Camping with the scout troop and doing karate keeps me grounded. Both give me mental breaks from home responsibilities.

about once a year, I just hide out and ignore the world. Two weeks ago, just felt "off". Wasn't sick, just blah! Stayed home for 2 days and did the bare minimum. Played with the kids, walked the dog, no school stuff.Turned off my phone and only responded to voice mails I thought were important.
mommy4lyf
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't feel it yet : ) I am pretty good at entertaining myself with hobbies. This year will be different because I will be homeschooling full time. I am going to prepare for that : )
usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Definitely, I think variety really is the spice of life & when things get to redundant we get burned out by it.

swim-mom72
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Getting burnt out was part of my personality before I homeschooled. So, I try be consistent with habits that help me avoid getting burnt out or depressed. I make sure I do things like get plenty of rest, eat healthy, make sure I get a fair amount of time with my friends, plan some down time into my week and I keep communication open with my husband (and make sure our love life is healthy too). It takes an effort to make sure you do not fall into the burn out pit!! lol

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Very true!

Quoting usmom3:

Definitely, I think variety really is the spice of life & when things get to redundant we get burned out by it.

Precious333
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Im so burned out rught now, and we are taking a break from.homeschooling, just tryibgt to set priorities,.and learning to ask for help.
Precious333
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:30 PM
I need that! Lol

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Camping with the scout troop and doing karate keeps me grounded. Both give me mental breaks from home responsibilities.

about once a year, I just hide out and ignore the world. Two weeks ago, just felt "off". Wasn't sick, just blah! Stayed home for 2 days and did the bare minimum. Played with the kids, walked the dog, no school stuff.Turned off my phone and only responded to voice mails I thought were important.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)