Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you ever get burned out?

Posted by   + Show Post

Not just on homeschooling, but life in general?  

How do you deal with burn out??

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Replies (11-15):
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:32 PM
2 moms liked this

This is all great advice!  I'm a single mom so burn out comes quickly sometimes.  I'm pretty good about taking time for myself, but lately I just can't find any.

Quoting swim-mom72:

Getting burnt out was part of my personality before I homeschooled. So, I try be consistent with habits that help me avoid getting burnt out or depressed. I make sure I do things like get plenty of rest, eat healthy, make sure I get a fair amount of time with my friends, plan some down time into my week and I keep communication open with my husband (and make sure our love life is healthy too). It takes an effort to make sure you do not fall into the burn out pit!! lol

sadiebug1228
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Not homeschooling yet. But yes I get burned out all the time. Usually I curl up in a ball and cry lol but my dr put me on a new med that seems to be helping. I'm more happy now and seem to be able to put up with more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wowguildmomma
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I get burn out alot but most of it is due to i just get fed up of the constant migranes. It frustrates me to no end that my life is controlled by pain that has no escape or relief. 

jillybean1023
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I do my best to take care of myself.  If we don't get "everything" done with school/house etc it is okay.  Try to remember homeschooling for us is more about relationships and flexibility than tasks.  And I enjoy a glass of wine now and again with an early bed time for kiddos :)

kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Being a single mom burnout is very easy to achieve.  Between my school, work, taking care of the boyo and the house, I don't have a ton of downtown.  I try to get out of the house and do something fun either with DS or on my own at least once a week.  If I don't I go a little nuts and it isn't pretty. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN