Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your kids have a tablet?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am considering getting a tablet for my little one for the fall. I know there are so many apps available that could be beneficial but wanted to get the consensus of the group first.

Do any of you have tablets for your kids? Do you find them helpful? How do you use them in conjunction with homeschooling?

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Replies (21-29):
Mommy2Phenley
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Basically. DH got an iPad mini so he gave his old iPad to dd. but we don't really use it for school. Perhaps I should. She just plays games or watches neyflix on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
101stwife
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Oh, also...if you use Verizon as your cell provider they offer ipads on a payment plan. We pay $54 a month for 12 months instead of spending over $600 all at once. It made the ipad affordable for us. Just something to think about if you need a way to afford it.

LavenderMom23
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I have one all the kids share. Great educational games, free books, we love it. The rule is you have to earn tablet time. Either by first doing educational games or otherwise...
luvemboth
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:48 PM
How are those working out? I like the price of those over iPads. Are there a lot of educational apps available?

Quoting SequesteredLeo:

Yep. And I bought them Android 4.0 tablets on Amazon for only $70 each. I got them the Androids because they are WAY cheaper and  I didn't want to spend a ton of money on them for their first set before I could see how they would take care of them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Joann.HS
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:50 PM
We have an iPad and the younger two have Nabis. They are obviously kid friendly as far as wear and tear and they have a kid friendly web browser. I find myself on the Nabi occasionally lol.
arwalters
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:59 AM

Ds is 4 and I have a kindle fire that I let him use sometimes, especially for educational stuff. There are several apps that are great: Spanish flash cards, lots of flash card apps, Montessori words and phonics, United states flash cards that are really informative, Dora' s abcs that lets him trace the letters. We don't use it everyday, maybe once a week but I love it for my personal use, reading books and watching Netflix

SusanReeves
by New Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:08 PM

my kids have a kindle fire.  they love them

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:14 PM
My kids each have a Nabi 2, my 3 year old has a Nabi Jr instead though. J use them for when we are on the road or we have a busy day. It has lessons on it and I only allow educational apps on there.

We also use it as a reward system.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:15 PM
We don't but the kids do have a pc. Although we plan on getting all of us laptops this year. But with 9 of us it can only be 1 or 2 at a time though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)