Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What do you love the most about homeschooling?

I feel the need to put a positive spin. I think we've been a bit negative lately ladies and I don't like it! 

SO, what do you LOVE about homeschooling? 

I'll go first. I love:

1. Having a parent-teacher conference in the mirror.

2. Knowing exactly what my son is learning. 

3. Customizing an education for an individual child instead of trying to make him fit into a box. 

4. Increased family time!

5. Less stress!

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Replies (11-16):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 28, 2013 at 5:44 PM
I love the fact that I never have to send them away! I also love that both myself and my children areinvolvedin the information they learn. As much as we can frustrate the thunder out of each other, I love having them around tons. :)
kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Knowing my son isn't going to be bored.

The ability to let him learn what he wants, how he wants. 

Spending more time with my son.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:35 PM

1) we have parent teacher conferences in bed (no nothing kinky, just that's where we can talk)

2) Never worried about bus rides in the snow or praying they send them home early or worrying about whether they'll wait till the last minute to cancel.  ETC/Etc

3) cold mornings by the fire, reading to the boys

4) The talks.  You know, the ones that can come at any time and you can totally stop what you are doing and have that talk!!

5) The crazy interesting things I get to say:  Don't throw away that bread, it's our science!!  There is a bag of jello in the fridge, don't move it!  I know there's a pot of milk on the stove, it's turning into yogurt!

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

That is what I always say.  Can't think of a single negative and some people accuse me of lying. LOL

Quoting lucsch:

Everything! I can't think of anything negative about it! I love spending so much time with my dd.

I am a stay at home,  home educating, non-vaxingmother to many children :)  And a very happy wife to a wonderful man!!!

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I love that my son knows he's loved and valuable.  He's still a challenge, but he's worth it, and he knows it.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I love reading these posts!  I am already so excited, but hearing it from other moms just makes me even more excited!

I love lesson planning, so lesson planning for my own kids just multiplies that feeling.

I can't wait to get to know my kids better and on a different level.

I am excited to let them help choose what they learn.

I want to see my daughter relearn math in a way that makes sense to her so it can all 'click.'

I want to see my son just go off on tangents and learn everything he wants.  He gets so held back in a classroom, while my daughter just gets pushed ahead.  I can't wait to differentiate for them and really watch them grow.

I am excited to get to know more local hs moms.  There is a family down the street and they have been more than helpful.  I love the community and kind of alliance they seem to have.  I'm not sure how it is in real life, I guess I will see soon enough if there are 'cliques' or groups amongst the homeschool community.

The list goes on.  I really am so excited.  We are finally out of school and are just deschooling for the summer.  I am excited to get into a routine and start learning, but I don't want to push them yet, they need to take a break and get used to not being in school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)