Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT- what would you say?

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:12 PM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

I had a bad day today.  First off my mom passed out on Tuesady for no apparent reason, so they scheduled her for an echo-cardiogram (I have no idea if I spelled that right!!).  Leaving this morning in the pouring rain I slipped and fell.  I reached out to grab a box on my porch to steady myself.  I now have a HUGE black and blue mark on my arm, and it didn't stop me from falling so I have a HUGE black and blue mark all down my butt and leg. 

It's flooding here, so I tried to drive around a huge puddle and went over a curb.  It popped the seal on the tire and made the tire go flat.  Changed to the spare, took the tire to Sheetz, pumped it back up.  Got under the canopy to change the tire back.  This jerk comes out and yells at me for blocking the pumps (I wasn't). 

Finally get to the hospital and this nurse asks me what happened to my arm.  I told her I fell.  She wants to take a look at it.  I told her it was nothing compared to the one on my butt.  She takes me to a room to examine it and she asks me if I had been beaten.  I was stressed and tired and hurt and I started to cry.  I told her no, but then she just kept questioning.  I had to talk to three people before they would believe me that I just fell.

First, what would you have done?  Said?

Second, it got me thinking about all the falls my kids have.  If they were so pushy and stuff with me what would they have done if it had been one of the kids?  I know I shouldn't have burst into tears and that was the reason for her pushing, but Holy Cow!!

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds like a seriously crappy day!  I am so sorry you had to deal with all of that crap while trying to check on your mom.  I would be emotionally worn out as well.  I probably would have told the nurse to back off.  I get mean when I am stressed out. 

I hope everything is ok with your mom and that you arm and your back heal quickly!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Quoting kmath:

That sounds like a seriously crappy day!  I am so sorry you had to deal with all of that crap while trying to check on your mom.  I would be emotionally worn out as well.  I probably would have told the nurse to back off.  I get mean when I am stressed out. 

I hope everything is ok with your mom and that you arm and your back heal quickly!

Thank you.  I didn't even get to find out what was wrong with Mom, they'll tell her at her appointment next week. 

kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Well that sucks then!  I hope it isn't anything serious.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting kmath:

Thank you.  I didn't even get to find out what was wrong with Mom, they'll tell her at her appointment next week. 

bonitalilmama
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I would of had a nervous break down and cried and said this can't be my life

celticdragon77
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:43 PM

That is one of the worst days I have ever heard anyone have.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bonitalilmama:

I would of had a nervous break down and cried and said this can't be my life

That's pretty much how I felt when I started crying.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting celticdragon77:

That is one of the worst days I have ever heard anyone have.

;o)  I am very competitive!

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:16 PM
When my adult son was 5 years old he was playing in a little boat in the pool and accidentally whacked me over the head with the plastic paddle and cut my scalp. I looked like Carrie in the prom scene. We went to the urgent care. I had a concussion as well and was not feeling well. The nurses decided my husband did it and sent him out of the room to try to get me to tell the truth. They got the doctor in the room and said that they needed to call the police because even though I said my 5 year old did it, no way did he have the strength. Thank goodness the doctor's little girl was in my son's class and he knew us. He just laughed and said he believed my son did it because he was a real buster.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:19 PM
I hope you feel better soon. I fell down a friend's front steps in the rain and bruised the heck out of my behind. The worse part is I couldn't show anyone my huge bruise and get a little sympathy lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Quoting Bluecalm:

When my adult son was 5 years old he was playing in a little boat in the pool and accidentally whacked me over the head with the plastic paddle and cut my scalp. I looked like Carrie in the prom scene. We went to the urgent care. I had a concussion as well and was not feeling well. The nurses decided my husband did it and sent him out of the room to try to get me to tell the truth. They got the doctor in the room and said that they needed to call the police because even though I said my 5 year old did it, no way did he have the strength. Thank goodness the doctor's little girl was in my son's class and he knew us. He just laughed and said he believed my son did it because he was a real buster.

LOL  that really made me feel better!  I'm not sure why, but it did!  :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN