Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I had a bad day today.  First off my mom passed out on Tuesady for no apparent reason, so they scheduled her for an echo-cardiogram (I have no idea if I spelled that right!!).  Leaving this morning in the pouring rain I slipped and fell.  I reached out to grab a box on my porch to steady myself.  I now have a HUGE black and blue mark on my arm, and it didn't stop me from falling so I have a HUGE black and blue mark all down my butt and leg. 

It's flooding here, so I tried to drive around a huge puddle and went over a curb.  It popped the seal on the tire and made the tire go flat.  Changed to the spare, took the tire to Sheetz, pumped it back up.  Got under the canopy to change the tire back.  This jerk comes out and yells at me for blocking the pumps (I wasn't). 

Finally get to the hospital and this nurse asks me what happened to my arm.  I told her I fell.  She wants to take a look at it.  I told her it was nothing compared to the one on my butt.  She takes me to a room to examine it and she asks me if I had been beaten.  I was stressed and tired and hurt and I started to cry.  I told her no, but then she just kept questioning.  I had to talk to three people before they would believe me that I just fell.

First, what would you have done?  Said?

Second, it got me thinking about all the falls my kids have.  If they were so pushy and stuff with me what would they have done if it had been one of the kids?  I know I shouldn't have burst into tears and that was the reason for her pushing, but Holy Cow!!

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Replies (21-27):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Oh man! Tomorrow has *got* to be better! I hope you heal fast and your mom is okay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

You know, though, it's awesome that they ask.  As scary as it is to convince people that something happened that's just an accident, it's even worse to think that people KNOW your husband/kid/friend beats the daylights out of you and just ignores it.

I was on crutches in April for my foot surgery and got fed up with how unclean the house was.  I cleaned the fridge, oven, and dishwasher.  Stood up, got on the crutches, tried to move and must have sprayed the floor with cleaner because I slipped.  I must have hit each and every surface as I went down.  I thought I broke my good big toe, I slashed up my arm (opposite side), and was pitch black a few days later on my tush.  And the cast guy at the doc's office says that stuff is common (hmmm.....so where's the warning?????).

Rust.n.Gears
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:31 AM

If I was that stressed I would have blown up at her and/or asked to see her supervisor. You are an adult and have the right to deny treatment at ANY time. I am horrible when I am stressed.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

What a horrible day!!  I'm so sorry :(

I probably would have cried too.  But I am always so afraid they will ask if I'm being abused, or ask my kids if they are.  I'm not sure why, but it's always what I think. 

I think even if I was crying I would have gotten mad, and been like 'look, it's been a horrible day, I'm pms-ing, I am not being beaten.' At least I hope I would say something, but chances are I would probably just cry and want to go home.

I'm sorry you had to go through that.  It does make you wonder how much they push kids.  And it's totally fine to burst into tears, it was an emotional day with a lot going on.  You're allowed to cry!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:17 AM
OMG!!! What a day that was for you! What??! Are you serious? Should you have said anyrhing or done abything duifferent???!!!! He!!! NO! I would have reacted exactly the same way. And as for how you were treaated that is how I get treated every day. Almost without exception. I certainly hope you heal quickly and I hope your mom gets better and gets the answers she needs. If you need any ears or shoulders, just let me know. I will be there ina heartbeat!!!!
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:25 AM
At the hospital when I have given birth there is always a nurse that asks things like that when Rob is out of the room. I just say no, firmly.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Praying for your mom! I hope it's something like low iron and not anything scary.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN