Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Nature or Learned Behavior?

Posted by   + Show Post
Is it one's personal nature to be either fast or slow or is it a learned behvior that makes a person either fast or slow?

I believe its a person's nature BUT I also bellieve that it can be a learned behavior as well'

What is your personal opinion?

undefined

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Replies (11-20):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
This is me!

Quoting hwblyf:

I think it's more a nature thing, with nurturing clearly having an influence on whether you're "acceptable" at your given pace and how you feel about yourself.  I have to say, I'm a hare with not enough patience with my tortoises, but I do try.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this

So I wonder, do tortoises have the same patience problem with us hares, or are they naturally patient?

Quoting mem82:

This is me!

Quoting hwblyf:

I think it's more a nature thing, with nurturing clearly having an influence on whether you're "acceptable" at your given pace and how you feel about yourself.  I have to say, I'm a hare with not enough patience with my tortoises, but I do try.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Quoting celticdragon77:

Nature. However, often times it is usually improved with time and practice. 

Do you think it is always an improvement over time?
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Bwhahaha

Quoting hwblyf:

So I wonder, do tortoises have the same patience problem with us hares, or are they naturally patient?

Quoting mem82:

This is me!

Quoting hwblyf:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Quoting kmath:

Initially it is nature, but you can be taught and you can train to improve yourself.

Why do you believe there is ian improvement?
kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe improve isn't the right word.  Being a tortoise isn't a bad thing so you don't really have to improve on that learning style.  You can train yourself or be taught to think faster and react faster to situations. 

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting kmath:

Initially it is nature, but you can be taught and you can train to improve yourself.

Why do you believe there is ian improvement?

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting kmath:

Love your answer. I also like that you went positive initially though.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Quoting hwblyf:

That is an excellent question! How would you answer that question, yourself?
Momof697
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

My 2 sons are complete opposites. My older was slow in even in the womb.  He would move and I would not know if it was bubles or him and he is not my first child. He comes out and was very content to lay on the floor he liked to look around but he was not an active child.  My other sone was a force to be reckened with right from the start. I could not change his diapers without restraining him. He always fell but he never walked he ran every where. He learned to ride his bike at 4 in the winter down an icy hill that happened to be our gravel driveway. HE walks his bike to the top of the hill and then gets on his bike and pedals as fast as he can going down. He did not know about brakes so he would jump off the bike, while it was moving, so he wouldn't get hurt.  He would get bruises but nothing major. definately in their make up just the way God made them.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Quoting Momof697:

My 2 sons are complete opposites. My older was slow in even in the womb.  He would move and I would not know if it was bubles or him and he is not my first child. He comes out and was very content to lay on the floor he liked to look around but he was not an active child.  My other sone was a force to be reckened with right from the start. I could not change his diapers without restraining him. He always fell but he never walked he ran every where. He learned to ride his bike at 4 in the winter down an icy hill that happened to be our gravel driveway. HE walks his bike to the top of the hill and then gets on his bike and pedals as fast as he can going down. He did not know about brakes so he would jump off the bike, while it was moving, so he wouldn't get hurt.  He would get bruises but nothing major. definately in their make up just the way God made them.

Oh wow. I have a couple of my own that are like that. lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN