Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I need advice

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:55 AM
  • 6 Replies
My. youngest daughter is 4 and. won't be 5 until Sept 2 and Georgia kindergarten law cut off date is the 1 but different city in Georgia has the 4 and I talked to few ppl tell me its up to the school to let her through one school said yes
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:56 AM
That is pretty young for kinder. How mature is your daughter? Are you thinking of homeschooling her?
kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends on your daughter.  Some kids are fine with going in early and being the youngest kid in the class, other kid can't handle it and end up repeating K.  So really it is up to you and how you feel your daughter would do. 

LavenderMom23
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Most children would not be able to handle it socially or academically, but only you know your child well enough to decide.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Hi moniw\e. Welcome. :)

I think it is more or less up to how you feel about your daughter's maturity level and whether or not she is capable of handling what comes her way when she would be in class.
bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Well since you are in a homeschool group I assume you are home educating her. In that case it doesn't matter. You begin to teach her a little at a time as you see fit.  Honestly though for 5 and 6 yr olds all they need is their every day interactions with you and their play. They learn through playing and talking.  Do puzzles, color, read to them, ect..

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I would say no to kinder for myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)