Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is the most Memorable statement or Quote you have ever heard???

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:05 PM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this
Can you remember the most memorable statement or quote you have ever heard? Share your memory or quote with us!

I'll start us off......

One of the quotes for our family is " We didn't come to take sides, we came to take over "

undefined

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QueenCreole313
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Quoting QueenCreole313:

Mobile Photo

I love the T.D. Jakes quote. Do you know where he got his start from? He had his first church in Charlestton West Virginia.
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

My Western History Professor on the transition of art between Middle Ages and Renissance.

"How do you know this is Jesus?" "Because of his hippy dippy hair do thats how!"  I tell you what - I remembered the rest of those lessons very well and how Medieval art was done in a vertical fashion to draw your eyes upward towards the heaven and all these other little symbolic things such as the halos to define a religious person, and how Renissance art changed perspective in SO many ways :)

The other quote that made an definite impact on my life...not sure who ever said it first, but it was the mantra the majority of my highschool class lived by:
Normal is over rated. Embrace your you-ness
We honestly, and proudly, lived by exactly how we were and no one was going to change that.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:28 PM
OMG!! I LOVE your post! You are absolutely right. :) Who woukldn't remember who Jesus was after tyhat statement. lol
We also believe that normal is over rated. :)

Quoting No_Difference:

My Western History Professor on the transition of art between Middle Ages and Renissance."How do you know this is Jesus?" "Because of his hippy dippy hair do thats how!"  I tell you what - I remembered the rest of those lessons very well and how Medieval art was done in a vertical fashion to draw your eyes upward towards the heaven and all these other little symbolic things such as the halos to define a religious person, and how Renissance art changed perspective in SO many ways :) The other quote that made an definite impact on my life...not sure who ever said it first, but it was the mantra the majority of my highschool class lived by:Normal is over rated. Embrace your you-nessWe honestly, and proudly, lived by exactly how we were and no one was going to change that.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM
2 moms liked this

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:46 PM
A truthful post/quote. :)

Quoting jen2150:

QueenCreole313
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I know. TD is an amazing man! He is so intelligent and honest and inspiring. I keep those quotes close. 

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
My dad always said "There is no free lunch."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Quoting Bluecalm:

My dad always said "There is no free lunch."

That is one we heard frequently as we were growing up. :)
celticdragon77
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

My religion consists of a humble admiration
of the illimitable superior spirit
who reveals himself in the slight details we are able
to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.
- Albert Einstein

Rapine, avarice, expense. This is idolatry; and these we adore; plain living and high thinking are no more. - William Wordsworth

We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty. - Mother Teresa

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Plus, Emerson in my siggy below. But all of these people, have many wise quotes. 

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... Emerson 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)