Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the most Memorable statement or Quote you have ever heard???

Posted by   + Show Post
Can you remember the most memorable statement or quote you have ever heard? Share your memory or quote with us!

I'll start us off......

One of the quotes for our family is " We didn't come to take sides, we came to take over "

undefined

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Replies (21-27):
gratefulgal
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the comanionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement and mystery of the world we live in.

-Rachel Carson

and

Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today

-Malcom X

and

"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....."

--- The little blue engine, who could. :)

celticdragon77
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:00 AM

siggy below....

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers." ~Charles Elliot

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM

bump

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it's not. - dr Seuss the lorax. Love love love that movie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:49 AM
I don't need easy, I just need possible. - Bethany Hamilton
I think the reason this speaks to me is because sometimes I just assume something needs to be easy for me to move forward. I need reminding that there is value in struggle.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I burn my candle at both ends, it will not last the night; but ah my foes and Oh my friends, it gives a lovely light.  ---Dorothy Parker

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere--- MLK

You're to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God. --- Micah  (I've built quite a bit of our Bible Study off those words!)

MacMamaof5
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM

"Profanity is the sound of an ignorant mind trying to express itself."

It was in the movie with Mo'Nique in it.  I used it to curve my need to curse/cuss.  Not my favorite, but memorable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)