Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is the most Memorable statement or Quote you have ever heard???

Posted by   + Show Post
Can you remember the most memorable statement or quote you have ever heard? Share your memory or quote with us!

I'll start us off......

One of the quotes for our family is " We didn't come to take sides, we came to take over "

undefined

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM
These are so wonderful. Love them. :)

Quoting celticdragon77:

My religion consists of a humble admiration
of the illimitable superior spirit
who reveals himself in the slight details we are able
to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.
- Albert Einstein

Rapine, avarice, expense. This is idolatry; and these we adore; plain living and high thinking are no more. - William Wordsworth

We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty. - Mother Teresa

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Plus, Emerson in my siggy below. But all of these people, have many wise quotes. 

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I do not know who to credit it to but I saw it on a church bulletin out front one day while driving by.

"The extra mile is never crowded"

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:04 PM
But it is sooo the truth though. :)

Quoting jwhit8791:

I do not know who to credit it to but I saw it on a church bulletin out

front one day while driving by.

"The extra mile is never crowded"

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Those are really good ones!

Quoting QueenCreole313:

Mobile Photo

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I also agree that normal is over rated!

Quoting kirbymom:

OMG!! I LOVE your post! You are absolutely right. :) Who woukldn't remember who Jesus was after tyhat statement. lol
We also believe that normal is over rated. :)

Quoting No_Difference:

My Western History Professor on the transition of art between Middle Ages and Renissance."How do you know this is Jesus?" "Because of his hippy dippy hair do thats how!"  I tell you what - I remembered the rest of those lessons very well and how Medieval art was done in a vertical fashion to draw your eyes upward towards the heaven and all these other little symbolic things such as the halos to define a religious person, and how Renissance art changed perspective in SO many ways :) The other quote that made an definite impact on my life...not sure who ever said it first, but it was the mantra the majority of my highschool class lived by:Normal is over rated. Embrace your you-nessWe honestly, and proudly, lived by exactly how we were and no one was going to change that.

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I love Albert Einstein's quotes!

Quoting jen2150:

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Quoting Bluecalm:

My dad always said "There is no free lunch."

That is so true, everything has a cost even if you don't see it!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My favorite quote is the one from Einstein in my siggy! 

Here are some of my other favorites:

"Don't ask for a light load, ask for a strong back." - anonymous

"Great spirits have always faced violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

"In order to be walked on, you have to be lying down" - Brian Weir

It is not good for all our wishes to be filled; through sickness we recognize the value of health; through evil, the value of good; through hunger, the value of food; through exertion, the value of rest.
       - Greek Proverb

Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:44 PM
And they are all very true. I think I like the Greek proverb best though.

Quoting KickButtMama:

My favorite quote is the one from Einstein in my siggy! 

Here are some of my other favorites:

"Don't ask for a light load, ask for a strong back." - anonymous

"Great spirits have always faced violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

"In order to be walked on, you have to be lying down" - Brian Weir

It is not good for all our wishes to be filled; through sickness we recognize the value of health; through evil, the value of good; through hunger, the value of food; through exertion, the value of rest.
       - Greek Proverb

coala
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:53 PM

You have to picture this quote with music symbols that I don't know how to make with my keyboard...LOL

Never B flat

Sometimes B sharp

Always B natural

I learned this in 7th grade band class from my band instructor.  It makes total sense.  Never be dense, sometimes be on the ball, and always be yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)