Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Following in our Footsteps.......

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:09 PM
  • 33 Replies
Are your kids following in the same footsteps through life that you took? Or have they chosen a different path to travel?

What are the differences?

undefined

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids are to young but I am pretty sure thier lives and foot steps are going a different path. 

I was abused and passed around and went to public school.  My real life as a child was what I found in books.

My kids are homeschooled.  Loved for thier differences.  Encouraged to follow thier dreams.  They are also all very different and wonderful.  They also have very protective parents. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Oh sweety! I am so sorry that you had to grow up that way. :(

I can relate to having very protective parents for your children. We are the same way.

Quoting debramommyof4:

My kids are to young but I am pretty sure thier lives and foot steps are going a different path. 

I was abused and passed around and went to public school.  My real life as a child was what I found in books.

My kids are homeschooled.  Loved for thier differences.  Encouraged to follow thier dreams.  They are also all very different and wonderful.  They also have very protective parents. 

lucsch
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

My eldest son values family and is married with 2 kids--totally like me.

My next son is majoring in a music-related field--my second choice.

My youngest son is following in my footsteps and majoring in engineering.

They all three love math and science--like me. LOL

Gee, what did they get from their dad?

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:19 PM
LOL - Did you ever figure out what they got from their dad?

Quoting lucsch:

lucsch
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, he and I are very different, so some of the lopsided tendencies I have, his genetics and influence have "fixed" in them. LOL One of the more tangible things is I have big teeth in a small mouth (lots of crowding, thus braces!). My kids have bigger mouths, so their teeth (3/4 got teeth like mine) actually fit in their mouths. LOLOL They are all way more socialable than me, like their dad (thank God for that!).

Quoting kirbymom:

LOL - Did you ever figure out what they got from their dad?

Quoting lucsch:

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Ooo that's a hard one right now... Since my oldest just turned 9 I don't really know which way she's going. She seems to be more outgoing with people, but early childhood aspirations seem to be somewhat similiar. Hopefully she won't have the dibilitating shyness I had growing up and will be able to go which ever route she chooses :). As for my little guy..he's 4...I'll be happy to see him live to be 5 at the rate his craziness is taking him lol.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Quoting lucsch:

LOL - You could be describing me when describing yourself in your post. :))) And my kids take after their dad socially as well. ( Yes! Thank God for that! ) lol
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Growing up like that sucked. But I am pretty well adjusted for the most part.

I might be to over protective but I try so very hard to make sure they have room to spread thier wings.

Quoting kirbymom:

Oh sweety! I am so sorry that you had to grow up that way. :(

I can relate to having very protective parents for your children. We are the same way.

Quoting debramommyof4:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Quoting debramommyof4:

At least you have a handle on your childhood. That also may help you in some aspects of raising your children? I know I find that some of my childhood background has been somewhat of a way to help me with some of my kids'childhood rearing. If that amkes any sense to you?? I hope. :)
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

It does.  My childhood both helps and hinders the raising of my children but it is a process I am sure other parents go through too.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting debramommyof4:

At least you have a handle on your childhood. That also may help you in some aspects of raising your children? I know I find that some of my childhood background has been somewhat of a way to help me with some of my kids'childhood rearing. If that amkes any sense to you?? I hope. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)