Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Following in our Footsteps.......

Posted by   + Show Post
Are your kids following in the same footsteps through life that you took? Or have they chosen a different path to travel?

What are the differences?

undefined

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting debramommyof4:

I'm glad that what I said made somesense. whew! :) Yes, I think most parents have the same in their families too. At least we know that in some ways, we are not alone in the failings of our childhoods.
mommy4lyf
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:42 PM

He better not LOL.. he's not my extension. I want him to love what he's doing.

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

hwblyf
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I see so much of myself in my oldest child, and he's the one having so many difficulties in life.  Makes me sad i did that to him.  But he'll come out on the other side so much the stronger.  My other kids aren't quite as mini me as all that, but all 5 of them have taken something from me.

elizabooks
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 2:51 PM
at this point i am not sure. Dd is 4.
at that age i had an older brother and was already in K so my mom could work to support us. My dad was working two jobs to pay off a business loan that his partner, who forged his name & ran off with the cash.
DD has my love of stories and books, but her fathers daring.
i hope i don't become as paranoid as my mother did. she took over protective Ness to mean no privacy.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Quoting mommy4lyf:

Would it be so terrible if he was an extension of you ?
mommy4lyf
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Yes. I was sheltered till I got married at 24. I can't do that to him. I can't imagine doing it to him. I got married to be freed not because of love. Do I want my son to be my extension? Big No.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Would it be so terrible if he was an extension of you ?

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:25 PM
My kids are somewhat like me but more like their dad in most ways.

Quoting hwblyf:

I see so much of myself in my oldest child, and he's the one having so many difficulties in life.  Makes me sad i did that to him.  But he'll come out on the other side so much the stronger.  My other kids aren't quite as mini me as all that, but all 5 of them have taken something from me.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM
I see what you are saying. I also apologize if I was prying. That wasn't my intention. I was also sheltered and try not to be the same way with my children as was done with me.

Quoting mommy4lyf:

PEEK05
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Too early to tell.  My oldest of 3 children is only 4 years old lol.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Quoting elizabooks:

at this point i am not sure. Dd is 4.
at that age i had an older brother and was already in K so my mom could work to support us. My dad was working two jobs to pay off a business loan that his partner, who forged his name & ran off with the cash.
DD has my love of stories and books, but her fathers daring.
i hope i don't become as paranoid as my mother did. she took over protective Ness to mean no privacy.

I think a lot of us feel the same way and hope and pray that we are not like what our moms or dada were like.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)