Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Spanish

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM
  • 15 Replies

I was wondering what brand do you all use for foreign language? My DD is goiing into 7th grade and wants to learn Spanish. What are your thoughts?

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I don't have any experience yet.  But I found this that I was going to try out since it is free. 

I am also conisdering this because I live in NH and it is free for NH residents, I'm not sure what the tuition is like for nonresidents. But I've heard great things about the program.

And DH wants to get them Rosetta Stone, but it's just not in our budget.  I've tried to find used ones on craigslist but they never pan out.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Have you tried getting the free cd from Rosetta Stone? It is a great starting point and gives you an idea of what you like and don't like.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I don't have any experience yet.  But I found this that I was going to try out since it is free. 

I am also conisdering this because I live in NH and it is free for NH residents, I'm not sure what the tuition is like for nonresidents. But I've heard great things about the program.

And DH wants to get them Rosetta Stone, but it's just not in our budget.  I've tried to find used ones on craigslist but they never pan out.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:59 PM
We have a few spanish books and a free rosetta stone cd. My kids will go and look around on the internet to see what they can find for themselvs and start teaching themselves. I am super budgeted and very cheap. :)
Rust.n.Gears
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:03 PM

We have Rossetta Stone and love it. My daughter speaks four languages now because of it.

julesjerry
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:21 PM

There are free website to learn basic Spanish. Then the same website has paid version to take it to intermediate Spanish. Once done with intermediate choose Spanish videos for conversation.

The list can be found in http://wp.me/p3wWiR-1J

Hope this helps.

Momof697
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:54 PM

How old is she?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

We have Rossetta Stone and love it. My daughter speaks four languages now because of it.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I haven't gotten it, but great idea!  I wonder how many languages they let you try for free, lol.

Quoting kirbymom:

Have you tried getting the free cd from Rosetta Stone? It is a great starting point and gives you an idea of what you like and don't like.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Rust.n.Gears
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:04 PM

She's 18 now 

Quoting Momof697:

How old is she?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting TJandKarasMom:

There are several languages on the disk. All the basic languages like french, german, spanish, russian, dutch and plenty more that I can't remember at the moment. :)
Momof697
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:27 PM

How old when she first started learning one?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

She's 18 now 

Quoting Momof697:

How old is she?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN