Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I was wondering what brand do you all use for foreign language? My DD is goiing into 7th grade and wants to learn Spanish. What are your thoughts?

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Replies (11-15):
Rust.n.Gears
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:43 PM

She was 8 when she began learning ASL, 12 when she began Latin American Spanish, and 15 when she began Russian. 

Quoting Momof697:

How old when she first started learning one?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

She's 18 now 

Quoting Momof697:

How old is she?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

We have Rossetta Stone and love it. My daughter speaks four languages now because of it.

LostTheSlipper
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:40 PM

We use Visual Link.

I also really like Alpha and Omega's Spanish I Lifepacs. It's for highschool but we just take it a bit slower.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:05 PM
We haven't started yet, but a local mom has Spanish play dates and teaches the kids. That is how we will when we start. Best way is through living it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Davis05
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM

We ahve found a gal in town to teach my kiddos twice a week for a couple hours which is great.

IntlMom12
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Our family found an online class that we are going to begin this month. My boys are 5 and 6 but I wanted to get started early. The professor was at a Homeschool Convention that I was at so I got to meet her and the program sounds fantastic! It's called Croghan Language Academy and you can find the site here. You can actually get feedback from Krista if you want by enrolling in the Synchronous class. It is all online at your convenience BUT there is a once a week class where you can get immediate feedback from Krista. We can't wait to start!

Carmen
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 NKJ

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)