Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How do you find time to clean....I mean, REALLY clean.  It seems like the house is ALWAYS a mess, and between the pets, kids dragging dirt/mud in, 3 boys and a toilet don't mix, laundry piled to the roof, toys everywhere, bedrooms upside down, all organization that was once there has gone out the window, UGH!!!  It's driving me crazy.  I'm considering completely clearing 1 room out at a time, scrubbing clean, and putting everything back organized again.  I'd think that being home all day homeschooling it would be easy to find time, but it isn't!!!!  So, how often do you deep clean and reorganize your house? 

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Replies (11-13):
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I almost fell over when I read you have 3 boys sharing a bathroom.  Somehow, in my delusional little mind, it made sense to have my 4 boys share a bathroom (and it's really the only option, so I'm only delusional think it would be ok).  I honestly NEVER want to share a bathroom with a boy again in my life.  So sorry to the hubby, but boys are gross.  I don't get in there to clean it as often as I should, and I'm not really sure what happened to my time because I used to, but it's foul.  Oh no, wait, I remember what happened--in order to get to their bathroom I have to climb over all their crap in their bedrooms (they share a Jack and Jill bathroom), which has become an ENORMOUS pile, so I don't attempt it often.  I'm not sure how the pee and poop fail to make it into the toilet, nor why anyone would think neon blue shampoo all over the floor shouldn't be taken care of, but my guys don't see the mess.  :(  So now I'm on a mission to get back to cleaning things thoroughly once a week, tackling big chores in each room once a week, and hoping the organization fairy lends me a hand.

Mommynay2
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:58 PM
I encourage my kids and practice it myself to clean as we go along. I do most of my chores after dinner. As far as deep cleaning goes I do it as needed. Although Destinay and I clean the refrigerator every Sunday right before Thailee and I take out the trash. I am procrastinating cleaning out my worksheet drawer.
usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:51 PM
I find this quote to be doubly true for homeschoolers "Cleaning a house while children are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing" Phyllis Diller
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)