Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any children being homeschooled during the summer?

Posted by   + Show Post

What does your summer home schooling curriculum looks like?

Come and join the fun at the:sunglasses mini

KymberleeAnn's Corner for African American Women

Or the Adorable Ladies group

www.cafemom.com/group/118327

www.cafemom.com/group/118542 Adorable Ladies Link

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Replies (31-40):
KymberleeAnn
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:20 PM

That's a really good idea and congrats on the baby.

Quoting jwhit8791:

We do Sonlight and will be starting Core B with DS and their pre-school with other DS next week(if I can get my stuff together).  If not, the next week for sure.  I am starting early because we are expecting and I want to try to get ahead so when baby gets here we won't fall hopelessly behind (if that makes sense).  LOL

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Thanks!  I am hoping to get at least 4 months under my belt before she gets here (and the chaos begins!)

I also need to work on getting my housework manuel done so that we can get into a routine with that also.  It is so haphard now that I need some definite precision routines.  LOL  With this being our fourth, I am afraid in those first few weeks, there won't be enough mommy to go around.

KymberleeAnn
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:34 PM

It will be tough and will require very planning, I wish you all the best:)

Quoting jwhit8791:

Thanks!  I am hoping to get at least 4 months under my belt before she gets here (and the chaos begins!)

I also need to work on getting my housework manuel done so that we can get into a routine with that also.  It is so haphard now that I need some definite precision routines.  LOL  With this being our fourth, I am afraid in those first few weeks, there won't be enough mommy to go around.

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM
We unschool so learning happens all the time!
jwhit8791
by Jessica on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

It will be tough and will require very planning, I wish you all the best:)

Quoting jwhit8791:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Sometimes that is just the kind of break we need, so you just enjoy it! :)

Quoting rsrangel:

We aren't doing anything this summer, and it feels great! 

Davis05
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:50 PM

spanish,piano,clarinet,trumpet, and drums

SarahNElijah
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Michael's Arts & Crafts are doing a program called 'Passport to Imagination' which explores/offers crafts from each continent each week, so I have put together projects/cooking/crafts/stories for each week to go along with it. :-) We are also enjoying all the library is offering for the summer! Just light, fun projects and field trips for the most part! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elizabooks
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM
no break yet. two weeks off in September and then three weeks in January so we can prep for Ice Dragon and the new years festivals.
so standard routine: math: 3 days of workbook, 2 on ixl reading: 10 books a week (still on level 1 early readers) reading eggs 4 days a week, language arts: 4 days of work sheets. 2 days of Chinese language review (rossetta stone) 2 hrs of conservation/ science/nature study (includes trash pick up) this is weekly.
plus 6 hrs of group craft play at library a month.
1 hour of swimming per weke and 2 hours a week of soccer practice.
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:56 PM

We do just about the same schooling in the summer. The kids can choose from documentaries, websites, etc. this is easy for us as my eldest has severe asthma and can't go out during the super muggy or hot days. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)