Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What was your favorite subject to teach last year?

Posted by   + Show Post
Or, if you are new to homeschooling, what are you most looking forward to teaching?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Replies (21-22):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Science and math (no, really...I'm serious...I know you're fighting to contain the shock...lol) expected but true! And my eldest and I are having fun learning German. (I haven't spoken it since I moved here at a 7 y/o

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Thank you so much!! I was wondering if there was an order. So helpful!!

Quoting lucsch:

I would read them in order. With the exception of "Farmer Boy", they are a continuous series in time. The order is

Little House in the Big Woods

Little House on the Prairie

Little House on Plum Creek

By the Shores of Silver Lake

The Long Winter

Little Town on the Prairie

These Happy Golden Years

The First Four Years

Farmer Boy would fit after Little House on the Prairie. That book is about Laura Ingalls Wilder's husband, Almanzo. I read all the other books aloud. My dd read Farmer Boy concurrently. We were running out of time. I was trying to read one per month, but we didn't quite make it.

A good book to read along, a practical science book, would be "The Pioneer Sampler."

Quoting Boobah:

My daughter LOVED Little house in the big woods. I'm trying to decide which to read next.

Quoting lucsch:

Teach? Math, of course! I love it!

My daughter's was my reading of the LIttle House books to her. She never read them, despite them being her in room before her birth (LOL) because she thought they would be boring, but by the end of the year she was upset that we were running out of books.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)