Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Chalkboard paint

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
Has anyone used it? Does it work well? I'm thinking of painting the lower half of one wall with it. The kids love the chalkboard wall at the doctor's office and I thought it would be fun to have at home. Plus maybe LO would stop drawing on the walls. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:41 AM
My neighbor painted a half wall with magnetic paint, then covered it with chalkboard paint. It was awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Oh, my brother painted a huge chalkboard in both his sons rooms, and they look great. I'd suggest using trim to frame it out if it isn't the whole wall, just a rectangle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:42 AM
I didn't even know there was magnetic paint. Great idea. I was going to paint the lower half of the wall.

Quoting Boobah:

Oh, my brother painted a huge chalkboard in both his sons rooms, and they look great. I'd suggest using trim to frame it out if it isn't the whole wall, just a rectangle.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM

ive done it and it worked good for us, we trimmed it and used it for years

good idea about the magnetic paint!

Momof697
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:50 AM

It does work well. I have an chalkboard that we repainted with it. It works great.  Also a tip if you get metallic paint (spray paint) and put that on and then the chalkboard paint it would be a magnetic chalkboard. It needs atleast 2 coats of the metallic to be magnetic so buy accordingly. 

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I haven't personally, but a friend has a chalkboard wall and it is awesome!  DS really wants to do that in his room.  I might for his birthday since he is getting a new bed and stuff so I have to re-arrange his room anyway.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM
I actually hate chalk so chalkboard paint is a no go for me. I hate how chalk feels! Yuck
wowguildmomma
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM

We do dry erase inside but we are considering a chalkboard for outside to turn our back porch into a outside classroom

mommy4lyf
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I would really love that if I am not allergic to chalk =(

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Magnetic paint rocks, but it's not very strong.  Get rare earth magnets to use with it.

Quoting Bluecalm:

I didn't even know there was magnetic paint. Great idea. I was going to paint the lower half of the wall.

Quoting Boobah:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)