Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Has anyone used it? Does it work well? I'm thinking of painting the lower half of one wall with it. The kids love the chalkboard wall at the doctor's office and I thought it would be fun to have at home. Plus maybe LO would stop drawing on the walls. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Replies (11-14):
snowangel1979
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I have I love it.

I used magnetic primer and then the chalk board paint.

With the primer you have to do a lot of coats. When I first did it it didn't work to well but it seems to be getting stronger with time. You had to use like flat magnets.
The chalk board part works well. The only thing I would suggest is not putting it on a wall with carpet underneath because there will be chalk dust on the floor. Where I have it, It's wood flooring.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Good point. I bet making a little "shelf" out of trim for the chalk would help catch dust too, unless you were putting it low. (Think the tray on a school house chalkboard)

Quoting snowangel1979:

I have I love it.

I used magnetic primer and then the chalk board paint.

With the primer you have to do a lot of coats. When I first did it it didn't work to well but it seems to be getting stronger with time. You had to use like flat magnets.

The chalk board part works well. The only thing I would suggest is not putting it on a wall with carpet underneath because there will be chalk dust on the floor. Where I have it, It's wood flooring.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Go for it girl! :)
usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:59 PM
That is a great I deal! We have never tried it, all our walls are textured.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)