Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you have fun plans for the 4th of July?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you have fun plans for the 4th of July?

Any crafts, lessons, BBQ's, lake days, firework popping or anything else fun and exciting? 

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Replies (11-19):
FootballFan12
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:47 AM

This sounds like a wonderful day. Everyone is swimming, Im actually getting jealous of that...lol

Quoting swim-mom72:

We are having some friends over all day to swim and grill out and do some crafts with the kids. Then when it gets dark we will head to a fireworks display.

swim-mom72
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

we LOVE having our own pool! and it is nice being able to share it with friends : )

Quoting FootballFan12:

This sounds like a wonderful day. Everyone is swimming, Im actually getting jealous of that...lol

Quoting swim-mom72:

We are having some friends over all day to swim and grill out and do some crafts with the kids. Then when it gets dark we will head to a fireworks display.

Momof697
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Where abouts. I am in the western central area.

Quoting No_Difference:

We're headed back to WI tomorrow. I asked my mom to find some stuff going around by them, and she told me if we wanted to do anything I had to find it. Kinda hard to find WI activities while in WV, and the majority of anything local for them would be in a local paper, not online... I'll try coming up with something though!

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM

About 45 minutes outside Milwaukee. Right around the Germantown/Menomonee Falls area (and thats still about 15-30 minutes away. My parents live in the middle of no where lol).  I know both Germantown and Menomonee Falls are doing stuff, I just don't know where the parks are...same with Hartford and Westbend. We were considering going to Milwaukee, I just don't want to deal with traffic after having drove 13 hrs to get there for one day.

Quoting Momof697:

Where abouts. I am in the western central area.

Quoting No_Difference:

We're headed back to WI tomorrow. I asked my mom to find some stuff going around by them, and she told me if we wanted to do anything I had to find it. Kinda hard to find WI activities while in WV, and the majority of anything local for them would be in a local paper, not online... I'll try coming up with something though!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I did find one link to list of places and times for each county, I just haven't had the chance to look at anything. (I'm taking my timed 5 minute break between cleaning and packing at the moment lol). Maybe after the swim meet tonight I can look at it more, but by that point it'll be 10:30 pm at the early end, 11:30 at the later end, and we're getting up at 6... It just would've been nice if my mom could've taken that one small job for me since she lives there lol.

Quoting FootballFan12:

One thing I have noticed, it that the larger cities will have 'satellite' papers for the smaller surrounding communities and those are usually online. You might want to check into that.

Either way, I am sure you will find something fun to do. Have a wonderful trip.

Quoting No_Difference:

celticdragon77
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I live near Gettysburg and it is the big 150th anniversary. It feels like it has been fourth of July for weeks!! There are road signs in surrounding towns, as far away as an hour, warning of the traffic. We have been watching fireworks from our house for the past few weekends. Where I lived prior to here, was right across from a baseball stadium and I watched and heard fireworks every Friday night. It gets old!

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... Emerson 

FootballFan12
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad you were able to find a link. Totally understand about your mom, but parents, who understands them..lol

Quoting No_Difference:

I did find one link to list of places and times for each county, I just haven't had the chance to look at anything. (I'm taking my timed 5 minute break between cleaning and packing at the moment lol). Maybe after the swim meet tonight I can look at it more, but by that point it'll be 10:30 pm at the early end, 11:30 at the later end, and we're getting up at 6... It just would've been nice if my mom could've taken that one small job for me since she lives there lol.

Quoting FootballFan12:

One thing I have noticed, it that the larger cities will have 'satellite' papers for the smaller surrounding communities and those are usually online. You might want to check into that.

Either way, I am sure you will find something fun to do. Have a wonderful trip.

Quoting No_Difference:

FootballFan12
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM

That sounds amazing. I would love to go to something like this. 

Quoting celticdragon77:

I live near Gettysburg and it is the big 150th anniversary. It feels like it has been fourth of July for weeks!! There are road signs in surrounding towns, as far away as an hour, warning of the traffic. We have been watching fireworks from our house for the past few weekends. Where I lived prior to here, was right across from a baseball stadium and I watched and heard fireworks every Friday night. It gets old!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:42 PM

We've been on a Revolutionary War/Independance documentary kick for the last month, so we are wrapping that up this week. We will be (hopefully) going to the fireworks tomorrow night.

Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN