Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOMESCHOOL

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:27 PM
  • 9 Replies
WHOM OR WHAT? MOTHERS INSPIRED YOU TO HOME SCHOOL? OUR CHURCH HAD A CHRISTIAN SCHOOL I AND SOME OF THE OTHER MOTHERS WANTED TO BE HOME MORE SO WE STARTED TO THINKING ABOUT IT SOME ONE SAID IF YOU HAVE A CHALK BROAD YOU CAN TEACH.I KNOW THERE IS MORE TO IT THAN THAT I TAUGHT 6MO'S THERE HAD THE NURSERY FOR 3 YEARS,THEN I TAUGHT MY SON FOR 6MONTH'S IT'S TIME CONSUMING.A LOT OF PATIENCE GOES INTO IT BUT IT IS REWARDING AT THE END OF THE DAY.
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Not to be rude, but all caps is like yelling.  It also makes it harder to read your posts. 

As for your question, my son inspired me.  He had a hard time at school this past year and I realized that I could teach him at home better than the school could.

22donnas
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM

sorry i did not mean to yell i am new at this type print.my son loved school but,all the lock down's did not know what you would hear from one day to the next.plus he needed 1 on 1 he did not get.that's what got me started this year.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:03 PM

LOL, no problem.  I just thought I would give you a head's up.  :)

Lock downs are crazy, pulling him out of that environment was a good way to go.  Good luck!

Quoting 22donnas:

sorry i did not mean to yell i am new at this type print.my son loved school but,all the lock down's did not know what you would hear from one day to the next.plus he needed 1 on 1 he did not get.that's what got me started this year.

22donnas
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:07 PM

thanks.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:36 PM
My dd needed to be challenged and public school could not do that so we looked at our options and home school seemed the best and most affordable.
lucsch
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Umm....I was finally able to quit my job with my youngest child, and I wanted to live my daydream of homeschooling. Even years ago, when I was working, when I found out that people homeschooled, I  knew that's what I  wanted to do!

oredeb
by debbie on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:35 AM

it was something i decided when i was in jr high, i never even heard of homeschooling back then, but i knew i wasnt gona send any kids i had to ps!  so when the time came there just happen to be  another mom wanting to teach her kids also, so i did some research and found one of the churches in our area was sponoring a hs speaker greg harris, we went and thats all it took! next few weeks we found more moms! and some dads. thats how we started the homeschool group!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:09 PM

No one inspired me really, when we started, a decade ago, it wasn't as popular in my area as it is now. 

Rust.n.Gears
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Um well no one really inspired me.

I hated homeschoolers with a passion.

When my daughter was put into a bad situation at school I had to pull her. I called a woman I freaked hated with all my heart and soul then. She was very confused. I begged for her help which she gave me.

Now we are great friends.

I myself am a completely different person now which is a wonderful thing honestly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)