Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How many families that homeschool do you know?

Posted by   + Show Post

fun questions: how many hs families do you know?

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Replies (11-20):
Countess79
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM
My family is a homeschooling family and I know 4 different homeschooling families.
happinessforyou
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Right now-1 and she SUCKS at it!

melindabelcher
by Mel on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:59 PM
None.
I've met and know of One
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Not too many but some of my siblings also homeschool. I just joined a co-op so I'll get to know more
usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Personaly 8 but over the internet 100's of them!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Tons! But I am the co-director of our local co-op. so most of our friends are HS, I think only family and like 1 other family friend is pS

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Know, or are close to?  I ask because I know A LOT of homeschool families, but we're not extremely close to all of them.  We have become close friends to about a dozen different homeschool families.

Aleshad01
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Around 10
hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Not including those we know through co-op, I know about six homeschooling families. Our next door neighbors, plus more families from church. We don't do anything with the ones from church except one - their oldest and my oldest are good friends.

If I include those we've met through co-op, then we know dozens. Still not as many people as I know who public or private school, but a lot. And I know a handful of families who only homeschool one or some of their children, but not all. They do it year by year (the child can choose but they are stuck with their choice for the whole year) and child by child.

101stwife
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Until I began home schooling I really didn't know any home school families. I have met all of them through my home schooling group and recently reconnected with my favorite childhood cousin and found that she too is home schooling:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)