Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How many families that homeschool do you know?

Posted by   + Show Post

fun questions: how many hs families do you know?

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Replies (21-30):
jen2150
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM
In person hundreds and more each year. One co-op that we use has over 400 families.
kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:30 PM

None, unless all of you count.  :)  We haven't met any families in our area yet.  I hope to once the school year starts though.

coala
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Just a few that I have met through the HS group.  I have recently run into one at the local pool and another one at our local rollerskating rink.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:41 PM
In real life, just three. One lives a few houses down, and they are the first family we have started getting to know. Another actually has 11children, some go to public school and some are hs'ed. The second youngest was in my class the past 3 years (I was a para in our public prek and kindergarten). I am looking forward into running into them this year, they are a sweet family. And the third, their youngest was in my class this past year and mom was hsing the older one, now the older one will be going to a charter school.

And that's it. I am sure we will get to know more once we start really hsing, DS is doing a class in August, and then they start a co op class in September. I am so excited, but also a title nervous!
Beebella
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Zero...but I'm in NYC. It's either public, private or catholic schools out here. Anyone else live in NYC?
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Other than who is on here, personally, not one single soul. I hear about them but never get the chance to meet them.
starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Oh Wow!

Let me think..........................

at least 10-15 which is a big deal for a town as small as ours..lol. 

luvcats406
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I know three families from church.  The rest are from my homeschooling group.  Too many to count.

Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:09 AM
Two families. But we haven't gotten involved in a co op yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I know a lot since joining our local homeschool group!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN