Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How many families that homeschool do you know?

Posted by   + Show Post

fun questions: how many hs families do you know?

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Replies (31-40):
HarrisonMD
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM

My in-laws homeschool and I know of a couple of families in our playgroup and at least 3 families at church! It's nice to discover other homeschool families, that way I don't feel so all alone when I need help!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Personally we know 1, but I just joined a home school group with a co-op so we are going to meet many more.
bether89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:49 AM

About 10 or so.

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Dozens I guess.  More than 50 and less that 100 that I "know" and over 100 if you count all the ones that we see at various events on a regular basis and don't have more than a passing "hi" smile and nod relationship.

mommy4lyf
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:24 PM

just one and I met her at the therapy clinic.

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

NorthStar09
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:42 PM

A bunch in CO, but few here in WA. I haven't been back long enough to really make mom friends. All my old friends don't have kids.

My daughter's best friend is homeschooled though. So happy about that. They haven't known each other long, but her grandfather is an old friend and mentor of mine and has seen how it has been for my DD. When she moved here to live with him he proposed home(or more accurately, un)schooling and she jumped on board.

I'm not eager to join a co-op or seek out more homeschoolers because of that. There's lots of kids around here, and she'll be with her friend every day during "school hours". Their other friends in the neighborhood are public school but they still play together a lot. And my experiences with co-ops and groups have been... less than positive. Plus she has pony club, the barn, girl scouts, swimming. I already feel like she's overscheduled.

Truluv4ever
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Only ONE!! That makes me sad~
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Hundreds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:03 PM
My entire social life revolves around our hs group, so I know probably 20 or 30 hs families. And I have 2 cousins that hs and 2 families at church. So I have very few aquintances that don't.
Momof697
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:21 PM

there are 11 that I can think of off the top of my head. I know there must be more but that is all  i can think of now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)