Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Patriotic Brownie Bites Recipe Will Set Off Fireworks at Your Fourth of July Party

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:25 PM
  • 3 Replies

Patriotic Brownie Bites Recipe Will Set Off Fireworks at Your Fourth of July Party

by Julie Ryan Evans 

patriotic brownie bitesAlong with all of the fireworks and festivities the Fourth of July brings, you definitely want to serve a dessert that makes a bang. These patriotic brownie bites are just the thing. They're delicious, simple to serve, and adorable. Plus, they're easier than you can imagine.

No, I'm serious. They're ridiculously easy. You simply buy some brownie bites (or I suppose if you're really ambitious you could make them from scratch). Then you top them with this creamy, homemade frosting from Plain Chicken, and some patriotic sprinkles. Add some paper flags to kick them up a notch if you like, and that's it -- your fabulous Fourth of July dessert is done.

Patriotic Brownie Bites

32 mini brownie bites
1 stick butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup whipping cream
Red, white, and blue sprinkles

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter until smooth and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes.

With mixer on low speed, add 3 cups sugar, whipping cream, and vanilla; mix until light and fluffy. If necessary, gradually add more powdered sugar to reach desired consistency.

Pipe butter cream on top of each mini brownie.  Top with sprinkles.

What types of treats to you make for 4th of July?

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Those look yummy!

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Those look awesome!  I think we are going to do Red/White/Blue chocolate chip cookies!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:18 PM
They do look good to WA.. Not gonna be that spunky this year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN