Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I am going stir crazy.

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM
  • 7 Replies
Good afternoon I am going nuts waiting on the school district. I sent out the letter of intent with my end of the year report. I put in the letter of intent the law that I don't need home visits and don't want testing for Destinay. I also put to contact me in writing and that I want a hard copy of my approval to homeschool. They received it June 21, 2013 at 11:06 am. I check my mail daily; except Sunday because it doesn't come on Sunday. I feel crazy waiting. My Mom said to me a watched kettle never boils. I'm just getting impatient that's all. How long do you all have to wait?
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:47 PM

No idea, sorry. Where I am you just filed a letter of intent and started, no waiting for an approval.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I probably wouldn't stress till the end of August, since most BOE's are on skeleton staff's during the summer. Do they have to give you a written approval in your state? If its not part of the law, they may ignore that part of your NOI.

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:54 PM

In my state if you are removing children from the system you send in a letter of intent & that is it no further contact from either side is required ever. If your child has never been to school then you never need to inform anyone.

oredeb
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:45 PM

wow your still waiting!! they must be backed up with homeschooling intents!hahahah

swim-mom72
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:19 PM

You sent in your letter. You did your part. You are now officially homeschooling!!! : )

good

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:28 PM

sorry you have to wait!  Thats frstrating!  In my state I don't have to be approved I just file my info online and I am good to go.  I love the freedom!

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Waiting is the worst.  I don't have to have approval so I am not sure how long it would take.  I agree that there is probably a skeleton staff for the summer and a lot of people probably file then, so I wouldn't worry about it till August. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)