Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone making yummy treats for the 4th?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was in another group and one of the moms was talking about all the yummy treats she is making for her 4th of July BBQ and I have to admit, I was stealing a couple ideas from her..lol

Is anyone else making any kind of treats for the 4th? What are you cooking? 

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Replies (11-18):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM
I thought I might do a little.
FootballFan12
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Marinated artichokes sound amazing

Marinated Artichokes on the grill sound good... I know we're going to grill, but outside that I don't think we have anything special (food wise) planned.  We're actually spending most of the day preparing for the camping trip we'll be going on, so I doubt we'll do anything huge or big.

FootballFan12
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I love zuchini

I am stealing her fruit salad idea. Sounds so simple but I didnt even think to make one on my own, and she is making an angel food cake with strawberry drizzle. I am definitely going to do this one and maybe add a chocolate drizzle to the top as well.

Quoting oredeb:

the zuchini is growing good so a zuchini cake for one thing

what ideas are you stealing??

CJsMommy040506
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 2:01 AM

My inlaws are doing the cooking but I made a trifle with white chocolate pudding, angel food cake, strawberries, and blueberres.

Momof697
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I think I am goiing to make stir fry (I know not very american) but my DDs are putting banana bars in the oven now. We will also have watermelon and cantaloupe.

PEEK05
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Nope

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:03 PM
I'd like that recipe!

Quoting BramblePatch:

The kids are in an ice skating show this year so no party here. Just food at the street faire after the parade. I usually make bbq beef sandwiches (I have a killer crockpot recipe!), a vinaigrette based potato salad, pasta salad, fruit salad, corn on the cob, and baked beans :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucsch
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:12 PM

We had strawberry shortcake...YUM!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)