Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

s/o: Any other CONVENTIONAL homeschoolers out there? Lol

Posted by   + Show Post

Anybody else pretty "traditional scholastic" in their approach? (i.e. textbooks, workbooks, projects, etc)

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
Homeschoolmom99
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:47 PM

My son is ready to take the exit exam he is 13 almost 14 and wants to try for it! My sister is a retired teacher and said she would help him so I am all for it

Quoting coala:

We use a very structured boxed curriculum.  My girls are thriving with it an excelling at a rate faster than their peers.  We are going to start our next year in January, but I don't want them to lose a lot in the 5-6 mos that they will have "off", so we are going a little unconventional and going to learn things that I think they will have fun with....like the solar system and then get to build one.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

I used K12 for 8 years now going to go off grid this fall

Quoting coala:

WE are very traditional in our approach.  I am going to try some "non-traditional" methods through the fall...until Thanksgiving.  I hope this may bring my kids and I closer to each other.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:56 PM

We are typically conventional. But we also use anything and everything as a teaching moment. 

celticdragon77
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:03 AM

I went from a more relaxed approach to one that is less so. I am doing a classical education this time around. 

vintage-misha
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:01 AM

We are very traditional and classical. 

bether89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:03 PM

We are conventional with textbooks and workbooks.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:27 PM
We started off traditional, with a classical/Charlotte mason method. We are pretty untraditional now using the Waldorf method and it really works well for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by Kristin on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I am.  I use a "boxed curriculum" (Oak Meadow). We do workbooks but we also supplement with a lot of projects

Britty1987
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:06 PM
We're starting out that way :)
sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Quoting jen2150:

We use textbook, workbooks, projects in a very child led way does that count?  LOL  I definately woldn't call us traditional though.  

That sound like us.

Momof697
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Some subjects we use textbooks with and some subjects we are charlotte Mason in style. We are starting to be more child directed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN