Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Grow-a-Frog kit

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:03 PM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you recommend this?

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Only if you are willing to then have a frog for a pet.

mommy4lyf
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Planning to just grow them and give it away. Just showing him the life cycle that's it. LOL... we're still waiting for this plant eating insects to grow and my son is getting tired of waiting.

Quoting usmom3:

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

You could get the butterfly garden thing. You are supposed to release the butterflies after they emerge so you wouldn't have to worry about finding them a home.

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Planning to just grow them and give it away. Just showing him the life cycle that's it. LOL... we're still waiting for this plant eating insects to grow and my son is getting tired of waiting.

Quoting usmom3:

mommy4lyf
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I was thinking of that too. Have you tried it though? what kind of butterfly do they have? sorry, I ask to much questions lol

Quoting usmom3:

You could get the butterfly garden thing. You are supposed to release the butterflies after they emerge so you wouldn't have to worry about finding them a home.

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Quoting usmom3:

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Ill just read books and watch them outside. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy4lyf
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I would love to do that too!!! lol...but we're in Alaska : (

Quoting Boobah:

Ill just read books and watch them outside. Lol!

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I have not but a friend of mine did it with her kids & they got Monarch Butterflies.

Quoting mommy4lyf:

I was thinking of that too. Have you tried it though? what kind of butterfly do they have? sorry, I ask to much questions lol

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Quoting usmom3:

mommy4lyf
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:41 PM

That is cool! my son loves butterflies!

Quoting usmom3:

I have not but a friend of mine did it with her kids & they got Monarch Butterflies.

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Quoting usmom3:

oredeb
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:05 PM

your not gona disect it?

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:49 PM
I've done it many times as a classroom teacher and we got Painted Ladies.

When I was teaching 1st grade I had gotten one for each child. Picture this...32 children were standing in the schoolyard singing and doing motions to the butterfly song I taught them. I opened the box to release 32 butterflies, 32 little faces were looking up at the sky in excitement when along came a flock of birds who began to eat the butterflies midflight. Aaaarggghhhhh!

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Quoting usmom3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)