Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you recommend this?

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Replies (21-27):
mommy4lyf
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:29 PM

That is so creepy!  that will give me a heart attack if it grows with six legs! Okay! I change my mind. No live animals or insects kit for projects.

Quoting mhaney03:

I looked at the box in the store, it says the frog is not found in nature.. that gave me the creeps.  freaking GMO frogs.

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

mhaney03
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I don't know if there is more than one frog-grow kits, but the one at our educational store says "our frogs can't be found outside, you can only get them here!" or something to that effect.  They had two in the aquarium, they were really pale with giant webbed feet. 

Quoting mommy4lyf:

That is so creepy!  that will give me a heart attack if it grows with six legs! Okay! I change my mind. No live animals or insects kit for projects.

Quoting mhaney03:

I looked at the box in the store, it says the frog is not found in nature.. that gave me the creeps.  freaking GMO frogs.

mommy4lyf
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:38 PM

They even have one on display? I would like to know what I am buying. I was thinking of a small green cute frogs. But, the one you describe is not on my list LOL... I have goosebumps now. Thanks for the information.

Quoting mhaney03:

I don't know if there is more than one frog-grow kits, but the one at our educational store says "our frogs can't be found outside, you can only get them here!" or something to that effect.  They had two in the aquarium, they were really pale with giant webbed feet. 

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Quoting mhaney03:

LostTheSlipper
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:32 AM

We were going to order tadpoles until I looked into the legalities of releasing them and found out companies sell them illegally to our state! I didn't want to have to deal with that so I ditched the frog idea. We are generally not a pet household anyway. No thanks!

LostTheSlipper
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:36 AM

http://www.kval.com/news/national/28258954.html

The other states are mentioned further down in the article. I know it's older, but that was enough to make me so say no, even if the law changed for some reason.

mommy4lyf
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Thanks for sharing. I am no longer interested LOL....

Quoting LostTheSlipper:

http://www.kval.com/news/national/28258954.html

The other states are mentioned further down in the article. I know it's older, but that was enough to make me so say no, even if the law changed for some reason.

mommy4lyf
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Our house is pet free too after our hamster died last year. I like to show my son the life cycle of the frog but no interest in keeping it as a pet. We can't just live our pets when we go out of town so, we didn't replace our pet hamster. Geezz.. used to hide the cage in the drawer when when we check in the hotel. I felt bad hiding it in there but we can't just leave him at home for a week. How can I hide that frog that lives in the water =)

Quoting LostTheSlipper:

We were going to order tadpoles until I looked into the legalities of releasing them and found out companies sell them illegally to our state! I didn't want to have to deal with that so I ditched the frog idea. We are generally not a pet household anyway. No thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN