Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you ever do lineage research?

Posted by   + Show Post

My aunt is going to present all her lineage research she has done on our family over the past 2 years this summer when we have a big family gathering.

I have seen those ads and commercials for that ancestry site and such, but never really paid it much attention. I know our history back to my great great grandparents, but I think it is pretty neat to learn about everything else she has unearthed.

Do you/have you or anyone you know done any lineage research on your family?

Where you surprised by what you learned?

What was your experience with it?

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Replies (21-22):
oredeb
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:27 AM

any hints or tips on doing the research? im stuck on a certain branch of my family and cant get any further, ??? help!!!

FootballFan12
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't know yet. She is being very quiet about everything, that is why she is going to make it all a presentation like thing. We are all pretty excited about it.

Quoting oredeb:

im doing ours right now! so fun! oh i love the research!

yes from some of the relatives very surprized

good experience looking for everyone, even got to know one of my 4th or so cousins!  found things the family never new, found a relative from the plymouth colony, wow the people back in the old days sure had a lot of kids!! lots of surprizes!!!

has your aunt found out any interesting stuff?

ive been using ancestry.com and family research(i think its called) and theres another one i used that was good, cant remember it.

i have pictures also that i can up with the faces, some of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)