Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I thought I was done!

Posted by   + Show Post

HA!  That's what I get for being cocky and thinking I was ready (and could resist buying more stuff).  Ended up buying Usborne Encyclopedia of World History Today and since I couldn't just buy one thing (cause that seems like a waste of a shipment) I bought 2 more supplemental books as well, for English. 

I have a serious problem.  LOL!

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Replies (21-28):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Thought I was done too... until I realized I forgot to order science! Lol!

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

celticdragon77
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:38 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL. I refuse to claim to be done on buying odds and ends. However, I do plan to be done deciding on main curriculum for the year. It would stress me out to change mid year or what not.

I have my history, Science, and English. I am leaving Math hanging open until I do more review (get their basic facts MASTERED) and have a better idea of what math program will work best for them.  

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... Emerson 

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:15 PM

LOL, you really can't buy just ONE thing, it seems wrong somehow!

Quoting usmom3:

I have done that with all kinds of online orders!

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Yep, that is how I feel.  I am done with my main curric, but I guess I need to just live with the fact that I will probably never be done buying stuff for us to use.  :)

Quoting celticdragon77:

LOL. I refuse to claim to be done on buying odds and ends. However, I do plan to be done deciding on main curriculum for the year. It would stress me out to change mid year or what not.

I have my history, Science, and English. I am leaving Math hanging open until I do more review (get their basic facts MASTERED) and have a better idea of what math program will work best for them.  

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I know! Right now I have 3 things in my cart on Amazon but just can't bring myself to place the order just in case I think of something else to order. The sad thing is I have Prime so I get free 2 day shipping on everything that has it.

Quoting kmath:

Quoting usmom3:

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:44 PM

LMAO!  I am the same way and I also have prime so shipping isn't a problem.  It just bugs me badly to only get one thing at a time.

Quoting usmom3:

I know! Right now I have 3 things in my cart on Amazon but just can't bring myself to place the order just in case I think of something else to order. The sad thing is I have Prime so I get free 2 day shipping on everything that has it.

Quoting kmath:

Quoting usmom3:

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:22 AM

If you are talking about the Usborne Encyclopedia, I think it is a pretty good resource.  The reviews I read were really good and I liked the layout from the sample pages I saw.

Quoting Dawn07:

I was looking at those yesterday and debating on if I should invest in them.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:23 AM

LOL, science is a whole other ball of wax.  I don't think I will ever be done buying science stuff!

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Thought I was done too... until I realized I forgot to order science! Lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)