Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you let your kids get bored?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM
  • 30 Replies
3 moms liked this

I love letting my kids get bored. I think it's when they become the most creative. LOL The trick is to keep them from fighting while they get bored enough to 'go do something'. 8)

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes! I do, rhet can either choose to be bored.or do something about it, sometimes they choose to be bored,.and thats ok.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:14 AM
It can painful for me though. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Lol, all the time! I've even dumped the junk draw in front of them, when they complained of boredom, and told them to build me a robot! Lol

oredeb
by debbie on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

oh yea me too mem!!!!

AJ-47
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM
2 moms liked this
They need to get bored sometimes, so they can figure out fun things to do to keep them busy. It's definitely when the creativity comes out most!
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, when I was bored as a kid it was my most creative moments. My mom called them my bright ideas lol.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I do sometimes bit I can't let all of them get bored at once because they will burn the house to the ground. I am only exaggerating by a little. My oldest who is 7 makes huge messes. My 6 year old takes things apart to see how they work. My 3 and 4 year olds scream and cry, but I am working on that. Oh and my 4 year old rips pages out of books.
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

My youngest used to do archealogical digs (in my flowerbeds grrr) with a spoon and a paintbrush when he got bored. We had lots of "rockasaurus teeth". Now, that he's older he ends up working down at dh's shop learning to weld or change oil filters. My dd has become quite the writer through her boredom.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, being an only child he gets bored a lot.  (Or so he use to tell me)  He has learned that telling me he is bored equals chores, so now he finds creative things to do.  His lego creations are amazing!  He built a whole city one time.  I love to watch his imagination take off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)