Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How was your 4th of July??

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:21 AM
  • 9 Replies

how was your 4th?

anything interesting?

what did you do? go?

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:59 AM

It was ok.  We didn't do anything exciting.  I had work and it rained all day so we just went home and hung out watching movies.  It was still a good day though.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:44 PM

It was great! We saw fireworks two nights. Had a small just family cook out each night and just enjoyed being with each other. 8)

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:03 PM

It was good. My mom couldn't make it so it was just the four of us.

We had a good, easy meal that I made. Played a couple of board games, did a few fireworks and watched Dexter.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Just another day, add in sparklers and poppers. And grumpy kids from staying up too late with daddy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:55 PM

It was OK! Hubby gets it off so he was able to spend it with us.

We stayed home & just hung out nothing of significance happened.

swim-mom72
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:27 PM

It was pretty low key, which I prefer : )  My best friend and her family came over for the day. We cooked burgers and dogs on the grill, swam in the pool, popped some of our own fireworks and watched a gazillion other fireworks going off around our neighborhood.

PEEK05
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

It was great.  We went to a cafe play place that was offering free play and besides one other family, we were the only ones there! We also went to my dad's for a BBQ and the firework show.

BramblePatch
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:31 AM
My kids, ages 5 and 6, made their debut in the World famous Sun Valley Ice Shows :-) So we did not do much during the day because call time was not until 8:50pm and the show until 9:35pm. They watched the fireworks from the ice with cast, including Ryan Bradley (talk about a hottie) and Nathan Chen. After that they posed for pictures and even autographs with the audience so we did not get home until after midnight.....only to find our new neighbors dog had gotten out during the fireworks. We joined in the search, locating Buddy at 1:30am. So it was an exhausting night. But one my kids will never ever forget. They have 8 more shows this summer :-)
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Same here!

Quoting kmath:

It was ok.  We didn't do anything exciting.  I had work and it rained all day so we just went home and hung out watching movies.  It was still a good day though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN