Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
My oldest will be in secons grade next year. DH is against homeschooling still. I really feel like there is no convincing him, no matter how much our kids are learning, and how well behaved they are. We went to my nephews bday party and many of the kids there were just aweful! Two kids started picking on our son, dh didnt interfer and just watched, and our son handled it ok said DH.

Anyways, dh got a settlement from his motorcycle accident, which means we can pay off some debt, hopefully get him a car and possibly move. The deal was that unless we move to a better school district the kids will be homeschooled. So, now he wants to start looking in those areas! I started to.panic, almost started.crying and started to get so angry about it. We need to.move.to a bigger place, but I'd rather stay in our tiny place and homeschool than move and put the kids in.school. Also, i have three.kids and another on the way, i would really like a chance to homeschool each of them! Homeschooling really is where my heart is!!!
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Replies (61-61):
celticdragon77
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Despite disagreeing on who the control freak is, this is one of the funniest things I have ever read on Cafemom! =) Love it!!! 

Quoting tuffymama:

I feel for you, OP, because this is the real life blood and guts stuff that you sometimes have to break down to the bone in a marriage, in order to build it back up. If it wasn't homeschooling, what would be the pivotal issue in your marriage, regarding the kids or just your relationship? DH and I have a fantastic relationship, but we have our bumpy days, and we've had some simply terrible times in the past, before we came to a mature understanding, when I wanted to either kill him or just go to sleep for years to get away from it. You can work through this and still homeschool your kids, and still strengthen your marriage. I will advise you to maintain a decent life insurance policy on your DH, though. Control freaks tend to blow fuses and gaskets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)